Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, found a lot of water in trunk. Is this just likely the trunk lid seals? Are they after market and DIY? Thanks for any suggestions, Ed

·
Registered
106 Posts
Following cause I have water in my trunk too but I can figure out where from. Mines not from the seal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? If you do, I would suspect the drip tubes are leaking. The tubes run down the C pillars and into the trunk. Is your headliner getting damp when going thru a carwash or during a rainy day?

What specific area of the trunk is seeing the most water? Check the drip rails on the roof. Check for gaps along the length and check for damage on either end.

Remove the trunk liner from the trunk and inspect the bottom for signs of moisture.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Checked and double checked I can see some water marks coming from right under the rear window. I have my whole trunk apart for a while trying to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
What part of the back windshield has the water marks? Was it ever replaced?

The sealant may have broken down. Maybe some waterproof silicone could help with sealing. Otherwise, it may need to be replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The sealant may have broken down. Maybe some waterproof silicone could help with sealing. Otherwise, it may need to be replaced.

Hi, found a lot of water in trunk. Is this just likely the trunk lid seals? Are they after market and DIY? Thanks for any suggestions, Ed
Sometimes this car's driver goes to a car wash. She forgot to tell me that. I'll have her check before/after doing that.

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
Need a smoke machine to track down the leak if it's in the back window.

Edit : any tears in the trunk weather strip? Has the vehicle had body work done in the trunk area? How's the fitment of the trunk lid? Are the tail lights loose?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,329 Posts
So does the OP have a sunroof? The big culprit for water in the trunk can also be the seals around the taillights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts