Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought the water in my driver side floorboard after it rains was from recently replaced windshield. But it was replaced again and rain is still getting in. Where else could it be coming from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never noticed a leak until after first windshield replacement. But I’m gonna try the sunroof drains. After looking at some YouTube videos that looks like it might be the likely culprit.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Put duct tape all around the windshield and see if it leaks when it rains, might be a little mess to clean up but the carpets will be dry, maybe the glass shop told you they replaced it when they didn't. Or leave it sitting with plastic sheet over the windshield tucked in the doors and spray it with a hose.

We had a 300ZX come in with the engine liquid locked with fuel (completely full including cylinders), fuel pump running and injectors wide open, WITHOUT THE KEY IN THE IGNITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Found the ECU flooded due to windshield leak, engine and exhaust with 3 gallons of fuel in both, got it fixed with used ECU in stock, so we put it(the ECU) in a bag for protection until the @#$%^&* glass shop got a windshield in that did not leak. Print this and take it to the pissant glass shop and tell them get it fixed, clean up the water, or get their asses sued off (might be slightly more diplomatic).

I stood behind the car with a fire extinguisher when we started it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No oxygen no fire, who would have guessed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They definitely put in a new windshield. Of course that doesn’t mean the new ones not also leaking. But I’m still getting water only in driver floorboard. It won’t cost me anything to check the sunroof drains. If it works, great! If not at least I will have eliminated that possibility.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I figured it out. A rubber grommet on the firewall was pulled out of place and allowing rain flowing off windshield and down firewall to drip into driver side floorboard. I wonder if it got pulled out when windshield was initially replaced...that’s why it didn’t start leaking until then. I flushed sunroof drains just as a precaution. But that grommet was the obvious culprit.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts