Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my gen2 I've got water leaking in around the front doors. The water drips down the a pillar, but I don't know wehre it's coming in. It only leaks in really heavy rain.

I suppose it oculd be the sunroof, since the tracks are broken and it doesn't fit 100% flush, but doesn't leak at all unless the water is in an extreme torrent.

Anyone with experience taking apart and fixing sunroofs?

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
My family's Cressida did this. Before it's retirement, It dripped

a.) Top of windshield, just above driver
b.) Top of windshield, just above passenger
c.) passenger side a pillar (just about the middle of the pillar)
d.) Top of rear window, driver's side

The water came in cause things were so rusty :eek:: It didn't have a sunroof. I'd hope it's not your windshield.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
You shoud try pouring a bucket of water on the sunroof to see if the water can get into the inside first to make sure it's really coming from there.

It could be from your door, in that case you just need to replace the rubber door seals.

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
try taking the panel out before pooring the water on your car to see better.
you can get some sort of sealent and put it around the windsield.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
The door seals one Camrys are pretty well known for wear. In Gen 3s they cause a lot of wind noise. I'm sure it is pleanty possible that they are wearing.

Howeverm it could be an opening somewhere else. This would allow the water to get into the body of the car, and the pillar may just be the first opening it has to get out.

Like Ekam said, pour some water on it and watch it for a while. But focus the areas you poor it on. So you can do one at a time. That should give you a better idea of what your up against:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts