Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My small cab pickup hasn't been able to squirt out any water for my wienshield. Does any know what could be wrong with it. I've checked to make sure none of the tubing were leaking or broken. Hmm... There's blue water up front... but no water coming out when I want to rinse my windshield... hmm... there's also no other sound when you press that little button on the handle... does any know what it could be? could it be the water pump? how much do you think they'd charge me if I bring it to the shop? Thanks you'll...

Vue

·
Offical nut
112 Posts
lets see
Any wax in the jets on the hood? stick a needle in them and rought around them.

Do you hear the pump kick on when you hit the windsheald washer?

check the fuse.

at the pump take the connector off and put it back on 3-4 times try it again.

disconect the effluent (discharge side of the pump) water hose from the pump and hook it to an air compressor just hold it on by hand and blast the tubing out with air.
do the same to the influent side blast that into the tank. course that with probably cuase the problem again. also with the hoses off try the pump and see if it kicks on. if it doesn't disconnect it and blast the influent and effluent ports and try it again.
hook it back up and try it. if it work run a full tank through the system and refill

·
NY born, Texas raised
705 Posts
My pump under the wiper reservior was bad. From what I remember, it wasn't that expensive and was easy to change.

That was on a '86 4runner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts