Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm Randy
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i have a problem where i cant figure out whats wrong...i left my car at a shop for 2 weeks becasue i had a accident, when i brought it back i noticed when i started my car tons of water is spitting out from the muffler, ever since the accident it starts doing that everytime i leave my car sitting for a while then start it back up...it doesnt matter if its morning or the afternoon...when the car sits for hrs to cool off and get started to warm up again, water comes out again...it comes out of the tailpipe and also my muffler has a little hole near the bottom where it shoots out like a water gun only on worst ocassions...does anyone have any idea wheres the water is coming from? thanks in advance

I forgot to mention, before you guys ask questions...the water thats coming out is clear and doesnt smell at all...i dont think its the coolant because the resevoir is the same. Since its comign out of the exhaust system i doubt thats possible...

·
I'm Randy
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea...the other day i drove for 2 hrs hard...it was about 80 degrees out...then went to work had my car off for about 4 hrs...then took my lunch break to start it on... some water came out again...took it for a 10 min drive...the inside of my tailpipe still wet. *shrugs*

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
do an oil change and see what color is the oil that comes out (you want to ensure that it doesn't look milky...cus thats what the second symptom of head problem could be). Also how are your coolant levels (check that)?

·
I'm Randy
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its been like 1 month already and the coolant level is the same in the resevoir...i have a gen 2 camry with only 24 k miles...ive checked the oil dipstick and its the same color since i did the oil change 700 miles ago...its mobile 1 synthetic oil...i dont think its the coolant because the water coming out form the exhaust is clear...

·
Registered
00 Camry 5sfe, 91 Je
38 Posts
Maybe its condensation in the gas and its not getting burned off during the combustion process. The gas this time of year will get alot of water in it and also the gas at the station will have alot of water in it when the levels are low....just a thought . Probably just normal for this time of year, my car is in a heated garage at night so I dont see this much.

·
I'm Randy
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vwsteve Maybe its condensation in the gas and its not getting burned off during the combustion process. The gas this time of year will get alot of water in it and also the gas at the station will have alot of water in it when the levels are low....just a thought . Probably just normal for this time of year, my car is in a heated garage at night so I dont see this much.
I park my car in the garage too everynite...my garage is hot...i pretty sure i dont get condensation when parked in the garage...if so, i shouldnt be getting so much where it squirts out...i always let my car warm up for 5 minutes before i drive off also...

·
MCH Engineer in training
532 Posts
ther's essentially only three places water could possibly come from in your engine and go out your exhaust....one your intake is sucking water somehow...highly doubtful though unless a leak came about in ur air box in that 2 week process and you get a lot of rain, two, your coolant is leaking somehow into the combustion chambers and exiting via ur exhaust...doubtful though since you mentioned your fluid level hasnt changed, and three, somehow your getting large amounts of condensation in your gas tank, most likely...how? no idea...change where you get your gas from...although illegal, with prices lately gas companies sometimes add fillers like water to the gas so you pay more and get less and they conserve feul. also check your PVC routes in the engine bay, make sure they're all secure and no leaks, check ur charcoal cansiter if you have one for possible leaks or ways water could enter

also, get a sample of the fluid coming from ur exhaust....are you sure its water? collect some in a disposable clear plastic cup and see what color it is, clear? maybe it is water...greenish...probably coolant....blackish/darker grey, somehow maybe your oil is bad/somehow water got mixed with something...quite a bit of whatever it may be

·
I'm Randy
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BrianOwens i say if it doesnt hurt your engine, or cause any problems...then just forget about it.
well...my car performance feel slightly slower after the accident... and thats when i started having the water problem...ive been searching aroung google...and read up on something about water vapor from the combustion process still being left in the exhaust which turns back into liquid when cooled...but where the hell the water vapor come from? maybe i should get a compression test...is there any test i can do while im at it? thanks everyonef or the help...i really appreciate it...i actually wana get this fixed before i install my ported and polish intake manifold and throttle body...;)

yeah i know its a 3sfe...but i dont tihnk anyone in this forum has a fully built n/a motor...a lot of you guys say that you cant get much out of the 3sfe going n/a beside turbo...well see about that!:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
illusive,

You don't have a problem. This is a normal thing. Some cars just secretes more water than others. Seen it on cars waiting for the light to turn green at a stoplight. Once they get on the gas, water drips out of their tailpipe.
My car is parked in a garage. Every morning I warm it up and found water spots on my garage floor.

You can sleep easy now .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.