Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant spend any more money on my car unfortunatly...the only options i have are to get sponsored (which i have no clue how to be...some incite could be helpful) or do one of those hits for pay things...any one have any ideas????....HELP

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
get a girlfriend that loves you, and more importently, your car, and then after a little while of being together, sigh real loud and say " i wish i had ______" oh yeah she has to work too...thatll help out in you gettin stuff...

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Good one!!!! :lol:

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
too bad im only 17 and the girls that i would go out with wouldnt buy shit for me...lol

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ i get what ur sayin...im one month away from being 18 if that makes a diff...im jus afraid by the time i get outta college and start moddin cus i got a job, im jus gonna be a weird old guy (sorry if this offends anyone)

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
^i'm frigging old!!!!!!!!! :(

well i'm not out of college yet and i got me a few years till i become what i always wanted to be ..... and old asain guy driving a 30 year old toyota or honda

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
big_p31 said:
i cant spend any more money on my car unfortunatly...the only options i have are to get sponsored (which i have no clue how to be...some incite could be helpful) or do one of those hits for pay things...any one have any ideas????....HELP

FINISH SCHOOL! Your lucky you even have a car! And if you really need money, GET A JOB YA BUM!

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Ways of gettin some camry parts...

UfoZ8myCow said:
For real... I had a car in high school, but I never got to drive it because I went to boarding school while it sat at home. Just be happy youve got a car and you can drive and shit. And get a job. Even if it's a shitty one. The crappy little minimum wage salary you get would still be better than nothing. And also another good piece of advice to heed: There's no shame in flipping burgers or bagging groceries dude. Youre a kid just tryin to make some cash... Nothing wrong with that as long as you keep going to school.
Exactly, theres no shame in doing a little job right now. Your only 17, thats really the only thing someone your age can do. I think we have all had that 1 job that were not particuarly proud of, but were glad we did it because it paid some of the bills and made us appreciate our following jobs just a little more.

·
On The Street
268 Posts
Just Get a job. thats wat i did. i get 150 each week. and im saving everything and puttin in the bank and then im gona tune alittle here tune a little there and ur sett. its hard shit tho. between work and school. you can do man, im only 16. and somehow im pulling it off.

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
me too, im 16, and i jsut started working a little more then a month ago on my first job. its not much, just cashiering. 8 bucks an hour, i work saturdays and sundays so it willl conflict with school as little as possible. gettin my first paycheck soon!

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
ishcoleobo said:
I'm 17... my girl bought me $300 tail lights :D
Screw you russle! Screw you with a short-shifter!

I didn't mean that :( Thank you for the webspace :)

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Sorry for spelling your name wrong russell. But it won't let me change it after 5 min :(

·
club momentum moves you !
06 Tacoma X-Runner
456 Posts
i didnt have a car when i was 17 ;\ but i did have a job !... that pay for click thing.. you talking about spamming or whatevers ? mmm duno bout that.

·
Current title:
253 Posts
omg all u lucky high school sobs..i never had a car..had a girl..took my money..still taking my money..its been 8 years..wheres my money..?

it takes a while and who cares how old u get? theres guys in there 16-80's still modding cars man

get a job..better yet focus on school..get a degree get a better job and money wont be as big an issue

keep modding and dont get into stupid shit..like accidents or unnecessary tickets

heres a key point that every great tuner knows
--when will i be done tuning? when will i be happy? when my cars perfect..which would be never

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
Ikon said:

keep modding and dont get into stupid shit..like accidents or unnecessary tickets
Since when are there any necessary tickets?:lol:

Anyway, Ive been working since i was 15, i'll be 19 in a month or so. Parents have always had me pay for everything, so getting a job was a necessity. Sucks at times, expecially when i was in high school and i only worked weekends, didnt have a day off from school/work for 6 months at one point.

Hell, i didnt even have a girlfriend until the end of my senior year, because i had to spend most of my time working.

if i were you, and my parents were paying for all my shit, id leave it that way. Its not worth it to work your ass when you dont need to do it.

·
97 BlackWidowed
camry
626 Posts
im 17 get a job and work your ass off....,.... thats how i got my rims and on tuesday my bodykit.... o-yeah find some hook up's... i got my hole kit painted for 150 just becouse i know the daughter of the owner...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts