Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For those looking for the small footprint of an economy car combined with the RWD burnout capability of a muscle car, Toyota presents the Aygo Crazy concept car. Based on the Toyota Aygo city car, this one-off has a turbocharged version of Toyota's 1.8-liter four banger squeezed into the backseat (replacing the three-cylinder front-mounted mill). And of course, with 200 horsepower going to the rear wheels of a car that weighs just over a ton, you're not going to want power steering, ESP or ABS getting in the way. We think that would be truly crazy.

[Source: Jalopnik]
http://jalopnik.com/396080/we-go-crazy-for-the-rwd-toyota-aygo-crazy

·
My celica loves twistys.
659 Posts
that little bugger looks like fun fun and fun some more

·
I finally have cupholders
80 Posts
So awesome. They finally did what I said thye should have done with it in the first place. Now, if they would do that with the Yaris and sell it in the US, I'd be a happy man.

·
My celica loves twistys.
659 Posts
This car would be Friggin sweet to take for a ride :thumbup: is it coming to Canada?
... probubly not
concept car >.>
it will probly never see the light of day

·
My celica loves twistys.
659 Posts
If it does i mean
knowing toyota they would keep it in japan

aparently only japanese can have fun toyota cars ;_;

if they would release it omg that would rock

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I really dont care how fast does it go, i just dont want to be caught driving on it any how. Frankly, it looks like a chick car that got riced out ...

·
Wonderbread
1,721 Posts
I really dont care how fast does it go, i just dont want to be caught driving on it any how. Frankly, it looks like a chick car that got riced out ...
It may look like a chick car, but the power and drivetrain is for a guy, or a cool chick, the way i see it its an over-powered under-weighed car and its RWD = one fun little car

·
Registered
27 Posts
should be fun and different like the Renault Clio V6 was a few years back and yes, knowing Toyot's stupid ways they proably would try and keep them in Japan only. having said that if it was released here I'd buy as soon as i had the money.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think Toyota was indeed planning to bring the Aygo over here, because if u google the Aygo there are quite a number of articles from 2006 that suggests a 2008 model Aygo in the US, but i guess the rumors died and Toyota being Toyota went back to being plain old boring and un-innovative, trying to sell the miserable yaris which i honestly see no point in.....it barely gets better mileage than a corolla, cost only 3 grand less, it's smaller and has an annoying center dash

·
Wonderbread
1,721 Posts
meh the centre dash isnt that bad, its an aquired taste i guess, Being a 2300 pound car you can make them boogie, i say they should ditch all of this and bring back the Tercel, its 300 pounds lighter and more roomy,

·
To Hell & Back
104 Posts
weeeeee

Well if it gets good gas mileage count me in, but my tacoma is already a gas whore lol....but it seems to be a fun little car with burnout fun, and ohh i can just see it now in the winter ha ha ha.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
16 Participants
4agetercel
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing