Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Like Traffic Lights !!!
78 Bronco
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and myself went for a nice drive this morning and we brought our camera...

We went up to the top of the mountains around Kamloops B.C. Canada...

This makes it look alot colder than it really is..

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
Nice Pictures! Is that a dark blue ECHO? I can't tell if its Black or Blue, I guess it depends on the lighting. Anyway mine is black. I assume you got winter tires, what kind did you get, and would you recomend them? yes the pictures do make it colder than it is. So how cold was it?:D

·
78 Bronco
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ECHOKnight2000 said:
Nice Pictures! Is that a dark blue ECHO? I can't tell if its Black or Blue, I guess it depends on the lighting. Anyway mine is black. I assume you got winter tires, what kind did you get, and would you recomend them? yes the pictures do make it colder than it is. So how cold was it?:D

Our Echo is the dark blue and it was only minus 5 celcius. The tires we got are Nordics from Canadian tire and yes I would recomend them, they work great in slush, snow and ice and they handle nice around the curves on dry pavement.

·
78 Bronco
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mort27 said:
did you ever lose control or go down the mountain in those conditions?
LOL and nope, never had that problem and I drive the mountain roads for a living around 1,100 kms a day 3 days a week for the past 10 years..

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
I live in the U.S. which might make somewhat of a difference or not, anyway question is, where and how much was your hood deflector? I went to the dealer and they said there was no car bra or deflector for the ECHO which I believe is bogus cause I've seen it on other ECHO's on the net. I have an 03 so obviously it will be different than the 00-02. Thanks for any help.;)

·
78 Bronco
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ECHOKnight2000 said:
I live in the U.S. which might make somewhat of a difference or not, anyway question is, where and how much was your hood deflector? I went to the dealer and they said there was no car bra or deflector for the ECHO which I believe is bogus cause I've seen it on other ECHO's on the net. I have an 03 so obviously it will be different than the 00-02. Thanks for any help.;)

03 Echo hatch or sedan? I have seen them on both as well as a Bra for the front and if your Echo is a sedan then it's the same as my 05 and my hood protactor was dealer installed and it even says Toyota right on it.

·
78 Bronco
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mort27 said:
sweet, but you probably take the turns slow if you never lose control.

The roads I drive are paved and I cruise around 75 to 80mph and around 60 to 65mph when it's snowing.. Other than that I drive according to conditions. But I also should mention that in the past 10 years I have drivin 1.7 million miles between my northern run and my run I did down to Vancouver.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
05_Echo said:
03 Echo hatch or sedan? I have seen them on both as well as a Bra for the front and if your Echo is a sedan then it's the same as my 05 and my hood protactor was dealer installed and it even says Toyota right on it.
Well, number one its the sedan as the ECHO hatch was never offered in the U.S. and number two I believe the hatch come out in Canada for the '04 model year. Yes I have the exact same car as you. Anyway thanks for the info. I even went to an auto store and the guy looked up car bra and deflector and couldn't find one. Maybe try somewhere else, its not that big of a deal, I guess I just have to suck it up! I got spot paint and it covered up the nicks on the hood pretty good. And plus you have to really get close to see where I used the paint. So guess its all good.:whatwhat: In the pictures your car looks pretty clean, either you drive really good for snow not to get on it or I'm imagining things? Did you clean it for the picture? Car wash?

·
78 Bronco
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ECHOKnight2000 said:
Well, number one its the sedan as the ECHO hatch was never offered in the U.S. and number two I believe the hatch come out in Canada for the '04 model year. Yes I have the exact same car as you. Anyway thanks for the info. I even went to an auto store and the guy looked up car bra and deflector and couldn't find one. Maybe try somewhere else, its not that big of a deal, I guess I just have to suck it up! I got spot paint and it covered up the nicks on the hood pretty good. And plus you have to really get close to see where I used the paint. So guess its all good.:whatwhat: In the pictures your car looks pretty clean, either you drive really good for snow not to get on it or I'm imagining things? Did you clean it for the picture? Car wash?

Yes we washed it just before we left to go up there.

Check out this link,
http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WWW.woa/15/wo/Home.Vehicles.Configurator-4Kox0hUJt5yKC1J0KAvhfw/9.19?page=CfgStep3Frame,taxesin=false,owned=true,tccirate=true,native=false,graduate=false,vehicle=Echo,model=4-Door%20Sedan,year=2005,transmission=Automatic,cmID=2010194,lterm=48,lrate=3.3,fterm=60,frate=3.6,owing=0,tradein=0,downpay=0,km=24000,lpalert=false

If you select the package you want then the color the option list will show up and half way down is the hood deflector, it will open another window with a picture of a Echo with a hood deflector on it and you should be able to print that and show it to your Toyota dealer.

If they still won't help let me know and I'll go talk to my Buddy (he's the service manager at my local Toyota dealer) and I'll see if I can get you one and you can pay me back for it plus shipping if you want.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
05_Echo said:
Yes we washed it just before we left to go up there.

Check out this link,
http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WWW.woa/15/wo/Home.Vehicles.Configurator-4Kox0hUJt5yKC1J0KAvhfw/9.19?page=CfgStep3Frame,taxesin=false,owned=true,tccirate=true,native=false,graduate=false,vehicle=Echo,model=4-Door%20Sedan,year=2005,transmission=Automatic,cmID=2010194,lterm=48,lrate=3.3,fterm=60,frate=3.6,owing=0,tradein=0,downpay=0,km=24000,lpalert=false

If you select the package you want then the color the option list will show up and half way down is the hood deflector, it will open another window with a picture of a Echo with a hood deflector on it and you should be able to print that and show it to your Toyota dealer.

If they still won't help let me know and I'll go talk to my Buddy (he's the service manager at my local Toyota dealer) and I'll see if I can get you one and you can pay me back for it plus shipping if you want.

Hey, I really appreciate the help you given me, but don't worry. I think if I print off a picture it would be invain cause they don't produce the ECHO in the U.S. anymore unless I can convince them that I can order one, but like I said I asked them and they said its not availible. They'll probably laugh at me and say that's the Canadian spec, we can't get that here. I appreciate the link and all that, but its all good and plus right now I'm not in the financial situation to being doing that even if its not that expensive. Plus if we went the route you mentioned about going through your buddy and I pay ya back it might be more trouble than its worth as far as communication and delivery blah, blah, blah, its not like I'm driving on gravel roads most of the time. But THANKS anyway!:clap: :whatwhat:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts