Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well when its cold, like it has been the last two days, the starter clicks the first time i turn the key. As if the battery were dead. Then the next time i turn the key, the starter finely kicks in, but fairly weakly, like u can hear it straining to turn the engine over. Then when it starts, it keeps missing for a few seconds, figure about 5 seconds. Then it evens out but at a fairly low rpm. In the summer it revs up to about 2000 rpms when u start it, now its only revin up to about 1100 at most. I was thinking it was the battery, but the car is only about 2 years old, it will be 2 on march 11th. What could it be? The starter has never done that before until yesterday, but it has been idling like that on a cold startup for some time now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
We also have a 2005 Camry. I would take it to the dealer and have them check out the battery, charging system, and the cold start system. You could have a bad sensor, etc. that's preventing the engine from idling normally during a cold start up. It's probably something minor, but a 2005 Camry should still be under warranty so don't be hesitant to use it. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts