Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle Car

This is my older Corolla 2005. There is a weather stripping issue around the doors that is like slowly, peeling off, I am holding it on with Duct tape at moment
What would be an easy do it yourself solution to fix the weatherstripping and make it look nice?

Anyone else have similar situation? thanks
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
15,065 Posts
Depending on the cost to replace, @hardtopte72 did a diy on this. I recall that he cut his under the sill plate so that it would fit better. The sill plate would keep some tension on it.

I think the weatherstrip can be found on rock auto.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It seems that the weatherstripping "shrinks" as it ages. In my 2005 Corolla LE that shrinkage resulted in the weatherstripping pulling away from the area at the back of the rear doors only. The solution for me was to cut the weather stripping at the bottom of the door (have to take off the trim plate to do that) and then reseat the weatherstripping. This left about a 1/2" gap in the rubber at the middle of the sill plate which is not covered by the trim plate. Not pretty but it did the trick. I did not have to use any adhesive to reattach the weatherstrip[ing and 8 years later it is still in place. I have not found that water or dust comes through the opening.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Hood Car Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Tints and shades

1 - 3 of 3 Posts