Just ordered new Rav4 Limited. Dealer/salesman said he prefers
WeatherTech mats over Toyota All Weather mats. Appreciate comments
on the WeatherTech's. How well do they wear? I've heard some say they
are a bit thin. I'll pay the price if they're worth it. You guys always know
the truth!

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
I have them in my Honda Odyssey and absolutely love them. They provide better coverage of the carpeting than OEM all-weather mats. I think they are more than worth the money if you live in an area with a lot of rain, snow, mud, etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them in my Honda Odyssey and absolutely love them. They provide better coverage of the carpeting than OEM all-weather mats. I think they are more than worth the money if you live in an area with a lot of rain, snow, mud, etc.
Thanks for the response. Are they durable...I mean most mats wear fairly quickly under the drivers heel area. How are these?

·
Registered
'08 RAV4 Limited
532 Posts
You simply cannot buy any better floormats but be aware they have several different models. Buy what fits your usage. In this case the most expensive are indeed the best ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Floor mats are floor mats..you stomp on them, you get them dirty, eventually over time, they will wear out and you'll have to replace them...with WeatherTech, i found that when you place them in your car, the round piece that locks it, might not fit right and you'll have to return them, with the original manufacturer's, it's design to fit them with the interlocking piece so it won't move.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Floor mats are floor mats..you stomp on them, you get them dirty, eventually over time, they will wear out and you'll have to replace them...with WeatherTech, i found that when you place them in your car, the round piece that locks it, might not fit right and you'll have to return them, with the original manufacturer's, it's design to fit them with the interlocking piece so it won't move.
Surprising they didn't fit properly. Advertised as laser measured to specific car.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
WeatherTech Floor Liners have a lip around the edges that helps keep all the moisture contained inside it. The mats don't have this lip. They are a bit less expensive but offer less protection. The liners are all custom designed for a specific vehicle so you get a precise fit. WeatherTech's are very durable and should last many years. Never had any complaints about wear on them.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts