Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been hectik... stupid thing fits like shit... so i decided to mold over everything... well to mold over everything in my eyes would look stupid... i need to have some kind of body line... so there is the upper body line the car has naturally... from the black trim molding from the factory. the bottom part of the molding has to be molded over cause the kit looks horrible cause fitment is so poor... but i can't mold over some of the bottom line and not all... but the kit creates a new bottom line... so i have to make a common bottom line in both doors to share w/ the kit in order to meet my approval...

fucking shieet... i put in about 2 hours day on this... but its coming... in order to make a body line and make it perfect... i went to home dept and picked up a nice laser level... you can see in the pics.

from the back... i went w/ the wingless look... i was on the fence for along time w/ this... along time. but finally decided on it.

front left... fender is 90% molded over... the turn signal housings had to be cut... as well as the actually bumper to fit. but i kinda fucked up on the turn signals... so i got clear ones from ebay coming in...

same thing from the right

pass side... if you see the gunk and bondo along the door... that where the line is being made. it went from a 1 inch black molding to a 2 and 3/8ths... with a sharp bottom lip...

fender piece molded... came out real nice... you can see the laser level

close up...

this one you can actually see the body line starting to form...

i figure about 2-3 more weeks to be completely done in w/ the body... the drivers side is about the same way right now as far as work done... i also started to mold the side skirt in the door to the base of the kicker panel... pretty much your gonna think this car came from the factory looking like this...

i hope i never get tired of the kit... or else imma end up selling the car before i cut it off and redo it again...

comments?

·
boost > vtec
1996 del Sol VTEC
151 Posts
that's my favorite front bumper for the MR2. maybe one day yours will look like this (minus the ferrari wheels and decals):

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blackdelsol said:
that's my favorite front bumper for the MR2. maybe one day yours will look like this (minus the ferrari wheels and decals):

also minus the FD parked next to it...

i been kinda skeptical on the kit cause i could never find a picture of the kit w/ it installed and it looking good.

but after seeing your builds my confidence on it.... looks tite... not too many mr2's i find w/ it.... they all usually use the border kit, or the invader

i kept the stock rear bumper tho... and went wingless... imma get the phoenix carbon fiber trunk lid.... alot to do... so little time

·
Registered
SLK & MR2
33 Posts
supp fellas... so to make a long story short, is it possible to get an aftermarket bodykit closer to that picture (yellow) above? nice and smooth?? or will there always be some kinda alignment problem??

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9MOON said:
supp fellas... so to make a long story short, is it possible to get an aftermarket bodykit closer to that picture (yellow) above? nice and smooth?? or will there always be some kinda alignment problem??
more expensive the kit... the better the alignment.

i mean i could have settled with it installed it upright and left it.... from a distance you might not notice the difference... but when you got up close you'd see gaps and uneven spots...

and i like my shit to look good... and only one i trust to do it... is me :)

·
boost > vtec
1996 del Sol VTEC
151 Posts
link doesn't work for me. that pic is the only good picture I could find of that kit. I already had it on my computer so it was convenient. I like how the spoiler looks on the mr2, it has such a long trunk (like my del Sol) it almost needs a spoiler, but if you do it right it looks great wingless too.

·
boost > vtec
1996 del Sol VTEC
151 Posts
I'm not sure. It was just a random photo I found while searching for MR2 pics. it is the same as the OP's, but maybe made by a different company? your wheels look great on that SW20, what are they?

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blackdelsol said:
I'm not sure. It was just a random photo I found while searching for MR2 pics. it is the same as the OP's, but maybe made by a different company? your wheels look great on that SW20, what are they?

yea.... its from the ferarri f335 coonversion kit.... the entire conversion is like 20 pieces but they make 4 piece body kit to simulate it.... that wha he has in the pic and i have...

there is no known actually company that makes them... i got mine from ebay... its duraflex aka fiberglass..... not a bad kit.... its just i expected more from it.... and better quality

·
boost > vtec
1996 del Sol VTEC
151 Posts
tHa kNiGHt FaLL said:
yea.... its from the ferarri f335 coonversion kit.... the entire conversion is like 20 pieces but they make 4 piece body kit to simulate it.... that wha he has in the pic and i have...

there is no known actually company that makes them... i got mine from ebay... its duraflex aka fiberglass..... not a bad kit.... its just i expected more from it.... and better quality
yea it sucks when that happens. at least you have the skills to make it fit well.

MR2BAD said:
ADR's.. I can't remember the style name...Got them from Ebay for $400.00 .. very light..
yea I really like them. 5 spokes look really nice on mr2's

WT Morgan said:
A great site to preview rims on your car is www.tirerack.com

The webshots site below didn't allow access. Any chance you could do a copy of the photo and post it here?

just take a print screen of the page and paste it on microsoft paint. all you have to do is push "prnt scrn (print screen)" and then go into paint and push "CRTL+V"

·
boost > vtec
1996 del Sol VTEC
151 Posts

·
Audi Technician
91 MR2
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats nice... i don't like the black hood maybe if it wasn't a stock hood it would look good... but he fully molded over the kit... i was gonna do that but i didn't think it would look right... and i still don't think it would look good if he didn't have those fender flares.

but yea all in all looks tite

1 - 18 of 18 Posts