Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I keep the auto ac button depressed ....I have cold ac...if I wedge something there and keep it depressed I have cold ac..if I so not keep it pressed I do not have cold ac for long... the ac light will start blinking and no cold air comes out.have replaced both white climate control pads on left and right of stereo..any thoughts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
that sure sounds like the contacts within the switch itself.. Not sure if they can be removed & inspected TBH, but that's where I'd start

·
Registered
2006 TOYOTA AVALON XLS
603 Posts
If I keep the auto ac button depressed ....I have cold ac...if I wedge something there and keep it depressed I have cold ac..if I so not keep it pressed I do not have cold ac for long... the ac light will start blinking and no cold air comes out.have replaced both white climate control pads on left and right of stereo..any thoughts?
Check the coldness of the air on the left side and the passenger side. If its colder on the passenger side your refrigerant is low and you need a A/C top off.
We have a A/C light!?!
A/C clutch is toast? Did you hit anything recently? Sounds like you have lost compression. JUST A GUESS. You really need to take it in to a GOOD repair shop. Look at Google reviews when you search.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check the coldness of the air on the left side and the passenger side. If its colder on the passenger side your refrigerant is low and you need a A/C top off.
Had this exact issue! Had just a few pounds coolant added; Now it's nearly Too cool! in summer. In FL.

·
Avalon Enthusiast
05Avalon, 03Mustang
1,225 Posts
A flashing AC indicator indicates a diagnostic code can be read. This requires a scan tool that can access Toyota-proprietary codes, or a USB-to-OBD2 cable and computer running Techstream software. Best to read the code while the light is flashing, as not all codes are stored in memory.

Applicable paragraph from the Owners Manual is copied in the red box below.

Machwulf - - - the factory specified TOTAL refrigerant charge is ~1,1 pound +/-10% (500 grams); refer to AC specification sheet copied below (refrigerant charge marked with a red ellipse). If someone has really added "a few pounds" of refrigerant to your system, it may perform superbly, but over-pressurization may lead to the early demise of the compressor ($$$) or condenser.
Font Material property Parallel Number Pattern

1 - 6 of 6 Posts