Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 4runner V6 4x4 SR
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 95 4runner 3.0 4x4 automatic just turned 179,000 miles

here is what is weird....when I push the brake pedal to the floor and hold it there and turn the steering wheel full left and full right,the brake pedal moves up and down.It feels like it's pulsating when turning the steering wheel at even short quick turns .....and when I turn the steering wheel the idle goes up and when I return it to normal the idle goes back down...I would like to know if this is normal?:headbang:

I also feel like while turning the steering wheel hard left or hard right(sitting still) it gets to a point where it's I really have to wrench on the wheel to get it to turn all the way and I have power steering..... and new front suspension parts (inner outer tie rods,idler arm,pitman arm,cv shafts inner outer bearings,center link and new tires,new rotors.pads and 1 rebuilt caliper on drivers side and front alignment and tire ballance)....so is this normal?:headbang:
I also here a popping noise while turning the steering wheel sitting still..is all this tied in together...
thanks for any input on this matter..
Dwayne

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
here is what is weird....when I push the brake pedal to the floor and hold it there and turn the steering wheel full left and full right,the brake pedal moves up and down.It feels like it's pulsating when turning the steering wheel at even short quick turns .....and when I turn the steering wheel the idle goes up and when I return it to normal the idle goes back down...I would like to know if this is normal
The ABS system uses the PS, so they 2 systems are tied together and could interact.And it is normal for the idle to increase when the steering wheel is turned to full lock.Did you check the level of the PS fluid ? could be that simple.Were the brakes bleed properly after all that brake work? air in the system could be causing some problems.

·
Registered
95 4runner V6 4x4 SR
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ABS system uses the PS, so they 2 systems are tied together and could interact.And it is normal for the idle to increase when the steering wheel is turned to full lock.Did you check the level of the PS fluid ? could be that simple.Were the brakes bleed properly after all that brake work? air in the system could be causing some problems.
thanks fourdw1 for the reply
I didn't know that the ABS uses the PS thanks for the info.....how do the two work together?....I only have rear ABS on my 4runner is there any way to disable it ?
I have bleed the system many times but trying to do it my self is not easy.I have a bleeder kit but it's doesn't work all that well...any suggestions on how to properly bleed the brakes with just 1 person ME:)
I have checked the PS fluid and it is within marks on the dip stick
Dwayne

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
I don't know all the specifics of how the ABS uses the PS of hand, but if you download a FSM, it probably goes into it.

It is a PITA to bleed brakes yourself, I finally broke down and got one of those power bleeders from Motive Products.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Raceshopper.com sells excellent speed bleeders - much better quality than most. (Most brands leak.) Raceshopper is a small operation in Syracuse New York. He's a nice guy, but you will have to know what size bleeder you need.

The calipers are probably M7-1.0 thread, 34mm/1.33 in. long. Way to be sure is to see what wrench fits them. If it's 8mm, then its the M7s. The rear cylinders may be the same size, or they could be larger. If larger, they are M10-1.0 thread, 33mm/1.29 in. long. Probably have a 3/8 hex head.

http://www.raceshopper.com/speed_bleeders.shtml

I don't know what I used to do before I got the speed bleeders - they make what used to be a pita job almost fun.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts

You connect this in place of the MC cap, pump it up to pressurize the system, then bleed each wheel. Especially handy if you have multiple vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts