Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, newbie here so thanks in advance for your patience.

1991 DLX Standard, regular cab dome bulb quit. Reached up to take the cover off (single lamp style, not like sr5) and the cover disintegrated in my hands.
Anyway, I removed the bulb- it's one of the small torpedo shaped ones. All that's scribed into the brass (!) base is "Toshiba A12V5W". I ordered a set of replacement bulbs (or so I thought) DE3175- they are way too fat to fit in the socket.

I've been all over the place trying to find a definitive part number for this bulb to no avail. I would be ok with an LED if that is all I can get. Local parts store looked at me like "WtF?" when I handed him the bulb.

Pic is pretty bad- sorry! But the new Sylvania is on the top and the old Toshiba bulb is under it. If a better pic would help you I can post one.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
btw-- the replacement dome light cover is the correct one, in case you were wondering. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best bet is Fleabay and type that exact OEM #... the LED route will require you to cut/modify the housing. This was the grid type with 6 LED

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this same issue. No replacement found at any auto shop and the 3175 from Walmart did not fit either. Found the bulb at 1000bulbs.com. Bulb type T3.25 brand was a PLT 212-2X... Hope this helps someone else :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts