Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Camry: 94-I4 and 94-V6
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the way home yesterday, my car did this weird thing:

Every time the brake pedal is un-pressed, the power-door-unlock is activated (1-2 second after the brake pedal is released or un-pressed).

So I was driving and kept hearing those loud unlocking noise from all 4 doors ;)

Fortunately, this morning, the brake pedal no longer activate the door-lock mechanism, but the ELECTRIC button to lock/unlock the door no longer lock/unlock when pressed.

Would all this be related to the fact I sprayed Lithium aerosol with the tiny red tube inside the driver-door ? (I sprayed using the narrow fence around the Mechanical button that open/close the driver-door)

Thank you for your advice.

camry94 L4

PS: The lithium aerosol is similar to silicon or WD-40 can-bottle.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Could be something going on with a door switch or wiring. The door ircuit opens (or closes) the result is the locks work. Typically area for broken wires is the harness between the drivers door and chassis.

Do any of the door locks work with the individual switches?

Or the brake wiring in trunk could be damaged resulting in power feed back to other circuits. Typical area of breakage is where the harness goes from the chassis to the trunk lid.

·
Camry: 94-I4 and 94-V6
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be something going on with a door switch or wiring. The door ircuit opens (or closes) the result is the locks work. Typically area for broken wires is the harness between the drivers door and chassis.

Do any of the door locks work with the individual switches?

Or the brake wiring in trunk could be damaged resulting in power feed back to other circuits. Typical area of breakage is where the harness goes from the chassis to the trunk lid.
Thank you so much.

Fortunately, everything's back to normal, magically, today ! No idea how that happened. Until next time I guess.

A few weeks back, it was the SeatBelt warning-light Lit-up whenever the brake-pedal is pressed !

Also, the SeatBelt warning-light always ON if I put on my belt after car is in motion (ie: I put on seat belt a few seconds after the engine had strated/wheels moving). If I put on seatbelt before engine starts, the warning-light is OFF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts