Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, i've got a 94 4x4 pickup with the 22RE engine in it. i've recently been experiencing a weird occurrence when the truck is idling. i'll start it up, and let it sit. the revs drop down to between 500 and 1000rpm. then the truck starts revving itself. i won't even be touching the gas. the truck will rev itself up to about 1200rpm and back down to 700-800rpm and back. if i rev the truck way up to 3500 - 4000rpm, the issue seems to go away. is this the trucks way of telling me it's not getting enough fuel?
i did make an oopsie last week when i put about 2 bucks of Supreme fuel in, instead of the regular stuff. the truck was burning really rich for awhile, until i ran it almost empty and filled it back up with regular. other than that weird idling, the truck seems to be running fine.

·
Mini Truckin Done Right
94' Toyota MiniTruck
13 Posts
I had the Same issue. . . Mine happen when the truck would warm up. Turned out to be a vacume leak. Check your lines and check the intake manifold you could have a gasket going as well, mine was the throutle body gasket.

Skorpeon

·
Mini Truckin Done Right
94' Toyota MiniTruck
13 Posts
One ewasy way to know is take a can of carb cleaner and spray it around the intake manifold and the lines, if the engine revs up or dies down you found the leak.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it figured out. it was as simple as having barely any coolant in there. the radiator was pretty dry, and the reservoir was bone dry. guess i forgot to top up the coolant last time i did my maintenance.:headbang: once i got coolant into the engine, all the problems cleared up.

thanks for the tips though. i'll remember them if i ever have the problem when i've got enough coolant. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts