Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car(2004) came with 2 keys both start the car 1 opens the doors and the other opens the trunk. Can I get a key that does it all?

·
Registered
519 Posts
That's strange, my 05 LE came with three sets of keys. Two black with the key fobs, and a third that was gray. The gray one was the valet key. The two black ones with the key fob would start the car and open/lock the trunk. The third, the "valet key", would only start the car, but NOT open the trunk if you used one of the other two keys and locked the trunk by turning the trunk key lock to the left rather than right. Turning the trunk lock key to the left would also prevent the inside trunk release latch in the car's cabin from opening the trunk.

According to this link, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080628010109AAyJ7U0, the car's computer can be programed to accept a key with the engine immobilizer chip as either a master or valet key.

·
Registered
2003 Corolla LE
104 Posts
I don't believe '03-'04 had immobilizers. My '03 doesn't, anyway. When I bought my '03 last year, all the dealer had was a plain metal Toyota key with a keyless entry fob and the black rubber Toyota key with a keyless entry fob. I didn't get a valet key, and according to my manual, my black key SHOULD be able to lock the trunk as bennor mentioned, but I have yet to make it work.

To answer the OP, if you have a black head key, it should technically do everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts