Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the oppurtunity to purchase 4 used Weld Cheyenne rims for 750.00. They are off a 2004 chevy silverado. Anyone know if Chevy wheels will fit on a Tacoma? Only information I have is the following..

6 lug
1 stud across to another is 51/2 in.
Distance aside form each other is 2 3/4 in

What do you all think?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
6x5.5 is correct. The important thing is the bore size. It has to be 108mm. Our hubs are 106mm. Chevy hub size are way smaller so I don't think these wheels will fit. Can you get an exact diameter measurement? Great price though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up a set of rims that came off a chevy a while back and the lug pattern is correct however the hub size is the deciding factor, they are not even close to the right size! Now I have a fancy set of chevy rims with nothing to put them on!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6x5.5 is correct. The important thing is the bore size. It has to be 108mm. Our hubs are 106mm. Chevy hub size are way smaller so I don't think these wheels will fit. Can you get an exact diameter measurement? Great price though.
That's what I am trying to find out. LanNinja, your the reason I am searching for Welds now. ERRRRRRR..I have brand new Centerline eclipse wheels sitting downstairs and now looking to unload them and purchasing Welds. See what you did. :D Neverless I hope to have an answer from him about the bore size. By the way what size are your wheels? On Welds website I only see the Cheyenne in 17x10.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I have 17x8.5 which is perfect for a 3" lift. This is with 4.5" of backspacing. Always call first to make sure you're buying the right size. I have a feeling the ones from the Chevy won't fit as Sand-taco found out.

Cheapest I found was this place
http://tomzwheels.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=d9571c6b1f5c00e4c873da6eca577228

for $318 /wheel. Call them up.

Sorry about changing your wheel choice. Best of luck to you both!

·
Registered
tacoma
486 Posts
there have been a few post about center bore too small for tacoma
and a few have just used a router and made them correct size
look around one even had a video of how he did it
or take them to a machine shop?

either way might be better than a garage dust catcher?

just an idea

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there have been a few post about center bore too small for tacoma
and a few have just used a router and made them correct size
look around one even had a video of how he did it
or take them to a machine shop?

either way might be better than a garage dust catcher?

just an idea
Man I would be nervous about having the bore milled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts