Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for a shop that know's how to weld aluminum. i need to modify my AC line with a different fitting so it'll fit my jdm compressor.. anyone know a good place, lemmie know, thanks

sam

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
most are aluminium... on the newer 'rollas they are anyway... dunno about the other 'yotas

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
older ones around 87 were also aluminium, dont know about before that, but most home fridges, a/c and what not are copper.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
good luck, welding thin aluminum is VERY hard.

Just pick up a phone book, and tell them exactly what you want, they'll tell you if they can do it or not

·
Registered
175 Posts
don't you have to use that acid core saulder stuff?....... thats what i used to seal my radiator when it was leaking...along with good old expensive map gass.... that stuff burns sooo hot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
good luck

hey buddy your talkin about some very very very touchy TIG welding here. infact unless you do it your self you will be hard pressed to find anyone that would even do it. due to the heat distortion caused and part being so small you stand a good chance of nukin that peice!!!!!!!!
i suggest finding an A/C professional or you can always call NASA.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
just get a new line made up, go to a industial supply store that make hydralic line ect. they should be able to help you custom fit a new line. it will be more cost effective. you can get a soft line made that will flex and can be made to any lenth:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts