Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Just Got Em Last Night And Want To Apply 2-3 Coats Before I Install Them. Scotchguard. I Am Concerned Since I Wonder If The Chemical Will Affect The Neoprene In The Wetsuit Material.
anyone Know If Its Ok?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have not treated mine with anything and they seem to repel water and dirt pretty good. The only thing I have done is wash them with some wetsuit shampoo and they are good as new. Ask the folks at WO, they will know what's best. Are they a light color? The black and charcoal hide dirt well and don't seem to have a tendancy to stain. Lets see some pics when you get em on

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called 3M and they recommend AGAINST it. They are concerned about the neopreme.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, there you go. I wouldn't worry about them anyways. They are far superior than the stock seats (even with scotchguard). Enjoy and don't forget those pics

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YODA,
When installing remember the 2 c rings that hold the 2 straps in the back of the seat? The ones that hold the carpeted "cover" in place. Can I simply just CUT the straps since they will no longer be used? Or is there an easy way to open up thos damn ring clamps under the seat?
ALSO: Do I need to remove the lower plastic trim on the seats as well?
THANKS!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
SlaveToTheNeedl said:
YODA,
When installing remember the 2 c rings that hold the 2 straps in the back of the seat? The ones that hold the carpeted "cover" in place. Can I simply just CUT the straps since they will no longer be used? Or is there an easy way to open up thos damn ring clamps under the seat?
ALSO: Do I need to remove the lower plastic trim on the seats as well?
THANKS!!
Not sure if you cut or not, when I was at the Wet Okole store here they said they undo the tie downs for that back carpet and just fold up the carpet flat against the seat back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can cut them much easier than you can get at those little rings under the seat. I am a little anal so cutting was not an option. I wanted to be able to take them off and get the seats back to normal if neccessary. I got at the rings from the front of the seat with some needle nose pliers, very akward angle and a PITA. Those flaps can then be tucked in to allow the WO's to wrap around. I didn't have to take off the side plastic pieces, just slid the buckles underneath and then tucked the WO sides in. On the bottom cover, get the front of the seats (where the lip is) on nice and staight and tight then proceed to get the back and sides tucked in and snug. The back of the seats slide on nicely and the head rest are cake. What color did you go with?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!
I Got The Black/charcoal W Trd Logo In Red. Just Like Edwinna!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sweet, you are gonna love em! I couldn't believe I was dropping some much $$$ on some covers but now that I have had them for a while, it was a small price to pay. By far the best thing out there. Did you grab a console cover? I like the added cushion and not having my arm on platic. I dig the look too. Red truck??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea got the cover but it doesn't seem to fit! I put it over the cover but the tightness of the material presses against the lock. Does it go on in a certain way"?
Also I noticed the passenger side didn't seem to fit quite as well as the drivers. Is this your experience too?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am one dumb bastard every once in a while. I figured out the center console deal, just had to raise it over the button. I still need to try to "TWEAK" the seatcovers but overall they fit great. I wish the passenger fit as good as the driver seat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yup, gotta tweak that console cover just right to get it on square and allow the lock to opperate properly. I have not noticed any fit difference in the two. When initially installed the lower backs of the covers stick out a little due to the concave shape of the seat, Due to use, the driver side now fits more snuggly (concaved to fit) than the passenger but only because of more sitting time. Not sure that most people would notice it but like I said, I am a little anal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts