Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
06 V6 DC TRD Sport
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have these seat covers, I was wondering how the inside of the covers treat the original fabric in our trucks. It is my 22nd Anniversary and the wife wants to get me a set for the truck. TIA

Mark

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
You meant "Wet Okole!"

I am not sure haven't looked under since I got them. 1 1/2 yr. later.

·
I Like 'Ze Best
2007 TRD Sport
1,722 Posts
I took mine off not too long ago after getting mud everywhere in my truck. They have been on since the group buy, I can't remember when it was, but probably a year or so. I didn't notice anything wrong with the original fabric, I drove around without the seat covers for a while, I missed them. :lol:

·
Registered
06 V6 DC TRD Sport
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a used set for sale, 2 front seats and headrest. Askinf $125 plus shipping from 98275...Seattle. Worked fine for me , just looking to do something else.
What color?

·
Registered
358 Posts
here's a random dumb question but instead of starting a new thread i'll just plop it in here. sorry OP.

do they shock you? i have a cheap set of walmart brand covers on right now and every time i get outa my truck and go to shut the door i get static shocked every single time. that is annoying. do the okoles do that?

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
here's a random dumb question but instead of starting a new thread i'll just plop it in here. sorry OP.

do they shock you? i have a cheap set of walmart brand covers on right now and every time i get outa my truck and go to shut the door i get static shocked every single time. that is annoying. do the okoles do that?

Yes, the can and do!

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts

That happens on every car I own. If you want it to stop, grab something metal on your door before you touch the ground, THEN get out touching both. The current will discharge through your body but you won't feel it.

·
I Like 'Ze Best
2007 TRD Sport
1,722 Posts

:lol: I've gotten some good ones sometimes! I think it's the way I get out, I turn in my seat, then kinda jump out. It only happens sometimes. Like Brian said, grab something first and you should be fine. Or sometimes I will use the back of my hand to close the door, doesn't shock as much. It doesn't bother me too much though. I get shocked by everything, electricity and I don't get along well.:lol:

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,139 Posts
That happens on every car I own. If you want it to stop, grab something metal on your door before you touch the ground, THEN get out touching both. The current will discharge through your body but you won't feel it.
I'm sorry, but that's BS!!! That's the theory and I've tried it many, many times. Grab the medal on the door (good tight grip) then slide out...sometimes it'll still zap me through the hand holding the medal!!! I'm not kidding!:headbang:

Must be my electric personality.:D

·
Premium Member
11 Tacoma DC TRD OR
1,892 Posts
For those of you who have these seat covers, I was wondering how the inside of the covers treat the original fabric in our trucks. It is my 22nd Anniversary and the wife wants to get me a set for the truck. TIA

Mark

You sir have an awesome wife! :thumbsup:

That's a good question, about the seats though. I may have to yank my drivers side out and check it tomorrow. Its been almost a year since they went on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Those look nice!

How do these hold up if you have a dog that jumps in and out? I have a 95lb weimaraner and im kinda worried about his paws tearing it when he jumps in/out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
can some of you post pictures of your colors and designs of seats. Their website is really confusing. I have a silver quad cab and not sure what color scheme I wanna go with.

Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts