Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 09 Yaris's rear driver's side foot well often is soaked with water regardless of rain.

I have seen posts about similar issues but that seems to come down to sunroof drains (I don't have one) or AC drains (it looks like the Yaris drain is the front passenger foot well).

So, any ideas as to what could cause this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
So, you are saying it gets wet without the car being rained on? Will it be wet after a week of sun and no rain? This makes no sense. Water has to come from somewhere. The evaporator drain is in the right front of the car. No sunroof which would only let water in after a rain or wash etc. Wet vac the water until 100% dry. Spray water at the rear door or, rear of front door (you did not say 2 or 4 door) and on floor from underneath and see what you get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 door HB

Yeah, exactly - no rain here for more than a week. Was hoping someone might have an idea about what could cause that before I go pulling up carpet.

I'll try that.

·
Zaine parlor
4 Posts
Any holes underneath or even where the spare is sometimes water can get through the bottom of the car with even the slightest openings and can sit for a while and that could be why its wet and it hasnt rai
Ned because the water was sittinv untill you relized it was there. ( possibilty)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts