Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased this 2011 Toyota Matrix S. I live in British Columbia, Canada. I am looking to buy another set of factory or aftermarket wheels as my winter set.

Info on the Internet is vague about the Toyota Matrix trim models. I have the 1.8-liter engine, front wheel drive with the "S" trim. Some sites show the "S" trim not being available, but the "XR" or "XRS" trim.

I am trying to find out what type of 17" wheels I have:

1) Are they 5x100mm? Or 5x114.5"?
2) What is the offset on these factory wheels?

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for confirming 17" x 7".

I am going to de-mount the wheels and look behind the spokes for the offset info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am confused now… is it 5x100 or 5x114.3? Looks like it is best to take a wheel off and physically measure.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
210 Posts
I am confused now… is it 5x100 or 5x114.3? Looks like it is best to take a wheel off and physically measure.
I have a 2010 Corolla XRS with the wheels that you have .....and they are 5X100, and the offsets are 39. I believe that the L model in matrix has the 5X100 bolt pattern, and the S/XRS both have 5X114.3. But the best thing to do would be to take off one rim and check the stampings as production year could overlap.

·
10th Gen Addict
2009 Pontiac Vibe
3,386 Posts
For the Canadian market Matrix's, the "S" is actually an optional package for the Base 1.8L models. This means that the car is just a Matrix Base 1.8L with the spoiler, Corolla XRS (5x100) alloys, sunroof, etc. However, the U.S. market Matrix "S" is an actual trim that adds the 2.4L engine, body kit, the 5x114.3 alloy wheels, etc. The U.S. market Matrix S is basically the equivalent to the Canadian market Matrix XR.

To make it easier to remember, any Matrix/Vibe that has the 1.8L engine is 5x100 while any of the 2.4L Matrix/Vibe's are 5x114.3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts