Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Celica GT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also...every clip to my coil packs literally turned to dust upon touching them. Is this something I should be concerned with?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yep, valve cover gasket. Yeah, those clips you can replace but all of mine cracked as well. Zip ties probably the best thing for this but not big concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
For valve cover gasket you will need some Black RTV or if you want to stay original, Toyota sells the Seal Packing 103(FIPG) which is exactly what I use. Good for oil pan too. Edit: You need the gasket as well btw, to be clear. Rtv is used to close the gaps between the three surfaces of any.

You use it where the valve cover, timing cover, and head meet. You will see if on the left side with some old (white/tan) rtv is where you should put it. Clean it well and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yeah, you should also check the VVT actuator for leaking o ring. Mines leaked at like 160k slowly.

Right now it will be hard to see if it is because the valve cover is pretty much saturating the area.

Also, if you have a inch/lb torque wrench, use it. I snapped the stud on the front left side. Lots of things get brittle at this time lol

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Celica GT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool thanks guys! Doesn't look like too difficult a job and yup...breakage is always a concern

·
イリジウム
14,155 Posts
New connectors can be ordered for various engines. If rockauto doesn't have it, the dealer will.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Celica GT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered them, I also ordered a new pcv valve and the two lower trunk rubber pieces.

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Corolla, 2ZZ-GE Swap, 1997 Toyota Rav4
151 Posts
I'm curious if your front PCV hose is damaged or is that just a piece of dirt on top? There's like a little ridge on top by the hose clamp.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Celica GT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's something else to check out apparently. I'm not sure but I'll definitely give her a good look

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
15,414 Posts
Clean the oil off and see if it comes back. Otherwise don't forget, you DON'T have to cut and splice new connectors. You can remove the terminals and put them into your replacements. I go for, if I don't need to cut anything I would prefer not to.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Celica GT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same here! Yeah I'll definitely give a good clean no matter what. I'd like for my celica to go another 10 years if possible

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
It may be a vintage classic in 10 more years!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Cool thanks guys! Doesn't look like too difficult a job and yup...breakage is always a concern
I wish I could say the same about the vcg task on my Toyota truck :(
Had them done once, probably will have to again, but hopefully not too soon!

Reactions: Cuppy

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Celica GT
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Um...do I have 2 pcv valves? I know I have one on the back right but what's that in the front? Is that a pcv valve as well? Sure looks the same.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The motor or transmission will probably kick the bucket before then unfortunately. Nothing lasts forever
How many miles on your car?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts