Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 toy p/u 4x4 base
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new upper ball joints for both sides of my 1986 4x4 Pickup. Is there a recommended brand? Or can I go cheap?

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
FYI, OEM are $85.37 MSRP. I sell Genuine OEM Toyota Parts to TN members for 30% off MSRP plus actual shipping costs plus $1.00- $2.00 for materials, etc. So if you can't find something cheaper, or after market, let me know. At least this way you have the OEM price when you go out price shopping.

But to answer your question, ball joints are steering related, I wouldn't just go cheap, I'd make sure they were dependable. If they fail, disaster could happen.

Good luck, let me know if you need anything, even if it isn't parts related. Im glad to help.

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
The only thing I would consider is that each part stated "base" so I'm not sure it that would include a 4X4 or not. You may want to check that out because two wheel drive and 4 wheel drive take different upper ball joints.

Just consider, that at 30% off MSRP mine are 59.76 plus ACTUAL SHIPPING COSTS, not over inflated or percentage based. I just wanted you to have the information. Wherever, or whether you buy from me or not, you can always ask me anything. I am not just in here for a parts sale. I just want to arm you with all the information so you make the best possible decision for you.

Good luck and let me know which way you go.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Try NAPA.
Moog and TRW are the best aftermarket brands.

Reactions: pyrojoe22

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
avoid moog. Unless you like parts made in mexico that is ;)

ive had nothing but bad luck with their parts.

go with stock if you can afford it, or look for some 555 brand ball joints (usually sold under another brand name).
Im currently running XRF ball joints

1 - 6 of 6 Posts