Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks!

I hope you are doing well. I recently purchased a 2022 Corolla Hybrid. The particular trim that I got is called “Dynamic” in France. It has the 16 inch rims and standard LED headlights (not the dual LED ones).
The car’s running great, I’m quite happy with it, but I noticed that the headlights have each three LED looking lamps that do not turn on at all. Not when I turn the light knob to auto or to parking lights or to full low beams.

Does anyone know what those might be? I’m including a picture below for better reference.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,963 Posts
On the old Auris, they were the Daytime Running lights

But if they are not DRLs, then they are just dummy lights that do nothing

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've seen them quite often on the streets, those are day time running lights...

It's a shame that the system doesn't allow to shut off completely all lights, it just has an 'auto' mode that always turns on the day running lights, or 'on' mode for the parking and low beam lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Probably dummy lights with no bulbs behind them. These are the standard DRL on lower spec EU corollas, in place of the triple-Js.
The headlight shell might be reused between trim levels to save costs.

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
1,320 Posts
Hello folks!

I hope you are doing well. I recently purchased a 2022 Corolla Hybrid. The particular trim that I got is called “Dynamic” in France. It has the 16 inch rims and standard LED headlights (not the dual LED ones).
The car’s running great, I’m quite happy with it, but I noticed that the headlights have each three LED looking lamps that do not turn on at all. Not when I turn the light knob to auto or to parking lights or to full low beams.

Does anyone know what those might be? I’m including a picture below for better reference.
View attachment 393020

Thanks!
Do you have the adaptive high-beam switch on the dash somewhere?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts