Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2454 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am curious to see what people are paying before taxes and fees and what options people are getting. I will start with mine.

Price: 26,429 (MSRP 28,540)
Model: White SE 4cyl
Options: Nav/Entune, Convenience Package, Leather Package, Moon roof & Carpet Mats

·
Registered
8 Posts
Camry SE i4 nav/entune, mats, net, dim mirror, sun roof.. sticker price 27,120... We paid sticker price, got 0% financing, and decent money for trade in 2006 Tacoma.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 2012 Camry SE V6 came with every option and had an MSRP of $31,040. That included destination and carpeted floormats. I ended up getting it for $28,600, before taxes, title, etc.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
You ended up buying one after all that? :facepalm:
Yep. Too poor to buy what I like.

We are giving them away already. $1000 under at least. :rolleyes:
:lol:
good for you. but to me it smells like BS.
plus sale price never important, I'm worried about trade difference.

p.s. Were in MA you at?
My buddy was in Attleboro and Warwick couple days ago, they got no more than 10-12 new Camry’s on the lots, $500 off and both dealers tried to f... him on his trade.

·
Banned
345 Posts
Yep. Too poor to buy what I like.

:lol:
good for you. but to me it smells like BS.
plus sale price never important, I'm worried about trade difference.

p.s. Were in MA you at?
My buddy was in Attleboro and Warwick couple days ago, they got no more than 10-12 new Camry’s on the lots, $500 off and both dealers tried to f... him on his trade.
I'm on the north shore. Your friend went to boch and couldn't get it below invoice?? What's his trade?

I'm not bs at all.

·
Banned
345 Posts
$500 all they can take off the sticker, atleast manager told him so.
he got 07 LE base 90+K miles. he got offered $8000.
You think 8k for that car is bad?? What are we going to do with that rat?

If we got lucky, that car would retail for 10 grand. It's got 90 thousand freaking miles :lol:

I sell 07 LE's with half the miles for 12-13k.

I'd probably be able to do the 8k, but $500 off window is a joke. He's not from my PMA, so I'd probably go $500 under invoice for him on an in stock car.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
You think 8k for that car is bad?? What are we going to do with that rat?

If we got lucky, that car would retail for 10 grand. It's got 90 thousand freaking miles :lol:

I sell 07 LE's with half the miles for 12-13k.

I'd probably be able to do the 8k, but $500 off window is a joke. He's not from my PMA, so I'd probably go $500 under invoice for him on an in stock car.
so how much LE with power seat, vehicle shield and mats would run him?
p.s. I got $9500 for mine 2007 with 85K and some paint work.
his car is spotless.

·
Banned
345 Posts
so how much LE with power seat, vehicle shield and mats would run him?
p.s. I got $9500 for mine 2007 with 85K and some paint work.
his car is spotless.
$21,600 plus tax, tag, title and $325 doc. What's vehicle shield? I bet i've got something like that under a different name.

Edmunds "clean" on that car is $7966. If you got $9500, that's insane high, at least for this region.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
$21,600 plus tax, tag, title and $325 doc. What's vehicle shield? I bet i've got something like that under a different name.

Edmunds "clean" on that car is $7966. If you got $9500, that's insane high, at least for this region
is it for LE with mats?
you said you can do 1K less than I paid...
21600 is $315 more...and I got "insane high" for my trade.

Edmunds don't sell or buy cars. KBB, Edmunds etc.-nobody. NADA is more or less straight, but rest of them-BS.
I looked auction lists, 07 camry with 90K doing more than 8 grand in TX and MA.
more like 9-10.5.
difference between TX and MA $300-400 at the most.

vehicle shield- paint and interior protection. list price $ 379 or so.

·
Banned
345 Posts
is it for LE with mats?
you said you can do 1K less than I paid...
21600 is $315 more...

Edmunds don't sell or buy cars. KBB, Edmunds etc.-nobody. NADA is more or less straight, but rest of them-BS.
I looked auction lists, 07 camry with 90K doing more than 8 grand.
difference between TX and MA probably $300-400 at the most.

vehicle shield- 5 years paint and interior protection. list price $ 379 or so.
Please go back and re-read my post. When and where did I say I'd do 1k less than you paid? I said I'd go as far as 1k under. "Under" means invoice, sorry if that was confusing. He is not from my PMA, so $500 under is where I'd like to be. "Vehicle Shield" would be extra.

I like how, when the edmunds/kbb is higher for the trade than I can offer....all hell breaks loose and I have to say "kbb/edmunds don't buy cars"....but when they actually do get it right....I get the same speech in return :lol:

Usually when people try to pull the auction numbers on me I simply offer to auction the car, and pay back the net difference if it's higher. Of course, if it's lower you must refund me. Keep in mind auction fees. Do you think he would accept this?

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
I've been told they still made some $ on me.
I"ll send some business to the sales guy, so me, "the boss" and sales person-all are very happy people!
:)
I didn't say they'd lose money on the deal, I said they'd likely lose money on the trade-in. Many times a dealer will put too much money into a trade either in hopes of making money on the back end or if they know they can make money on the back end.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
Please go back and re-read my post. When and where did I say I'd do 1k less than you paid? I said I'd go as far as 1k under. "Under" means invoice, sorry if that was confusing. He is not from my PMA, so $500 under is where I'd like to be.
I was thinking you talking about 1K under my price.

Usually when people try to pull the auction numbers on me I simply offer to auction the car, and pay back the net difference if it's higher. Of course, if it's lower you must refund me. Keep in mind auction fees. Do you think he would accept this?
but you do sell cars at auction. so you'll make your $500-700 or more anyway.
if you'll sell on the lot-couple grand, maybe bit less.

people like honest deal: fair money for my wheels and best offer for new car.
I woreked for dealer, you still do, we both know dealer nevr will loose $ on brand new model, especially toyota, especially camry.

"Vehicle Shield" would be extra
I knew that. all depend how much extra?

·
Banned
345 Posts
I was thinking you talking about 1K under my price.

but you do sell cars at auction. so you'll make your $500-700 or more anyway.
if you'll sell on the lot-couple grand, maybe bit less.

people like honest deal: fair money for my wheels and best offer for new car.
I woreked for dealer, you still do, we both know dealer nevr will loose $ on brand new model, especially toyota, especially camry.

I knew that. all depend how much extra?

We are not going to make $5-7 hundred auctioning a car like that. We would likely try to retail it, probably end up buried in it as I'm sure it needs a ton of work.

We lost $4000 on a trade last week, so never say never. We have numbers we need to meet, so as long as we can keep averages above cost we do take losses on new cars.

"Simonize" as my F&I manager calls it, is $595 for a 7 year plan.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,416 Posts
I didn't say they'd lose money on the deal, I said they'd likely lose money on the trade-in. Many times a dealer will put too much money into a trade either in hopes of making money on the back end or if they know they can make money on the back end.
I would say no.
used cars prices are up these days.
clean camry even with some paint job and 100K - pretty popular car.

but like I said, all people involved in my deal are happy.
I didn't waist their time (in and out in 30 min + finance dept time), they moved onother unit, they already got my car on the lot (wondering how much they asking? :)), they are the best toyota dealer around for good reason.

"Simonize" as my F&I manager calls it, is $595 for a 7 year plan.
I would pass on it. :)

1 - 20 of 2454 Posts
About this Discussion
2.5K Replies
624 Participants
cmk033
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing