Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 2454 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Platinum extended service cost

Actually yes, the dealer giving me one of those $250 rebate toward the purchase of the extended warranty. The warranty actually cost 1250-250 so I end up paying 1000.
Well for the 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE the Platinum care prices from our KS dealer (known in this forum) is: 5 YEAR 125,000 MILES $874.00

My dealer also was asking $1600 for a 6yr/125K miles for which the same KS dealer is asking $1129. I also think you save on sales tax (if you buy it out of state - not sure what the legals are though - have not bought it but in the email I got this is what was stated - no sales tax and you can pay with a credit card... i.e. even another 1% cash back if you have one of those cash back credit card) :thumbsup:

I do not think it makes sense to get any of the extras the finance manager/person is trying to sell you on the spot (pressure selling - you really want the car no time to consider all those extras)... unless you really know what the limitations are and what you are paying for. I think you can get these latter on... in my case, there was a slight pressure suggesting I wont get the special 20% discount if I don't buy it at the same time with the car (not true of course...) and will end paying the MSRP... (other than that, all the rest experience was great of course, and was not even including the etching - in my view also not needed.. you can get your own kit and do it yourself and ask your insurance company for any extra coverage if you think you need such).

Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
14 Posts
V6 xle

Just got a 2012 V6 XLE loaded for 30,162 (includes destination, but not document fee & tax..etc; w HDD Nav w JBL, blind spot, Entune, floor mats)

Got it from truecar.com so would be very interested if people think this is a good price?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just got a 2012 V6 XLE loaded for 30,162 (includes destination, but not document fee & tax..etc; w HDD Nav w JBL, blind spot, Entune, floor mats)

Got it from truecar.com so would be very interested if people think this is a good price?
That's not a bad price. My SE V6 had all of the same options minus the cross path detection. It had all the extra stuff dealers like to add on (toyoguard, pin stripe, tint). Sticker was a little over 33. I got it for just over 29. That was invoice minus 500 for military discount. And I also had a trade in. So yeah, you might have been able to talk them down another 500-1000, but still a good deal.

·
Registered
260 Posts
FWIW, my dealer told me that dealers pay truecar.com $300 for every truecar deal that they process. So you probably could do a little better than the truecar deal if you negotiate yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the responses, very helpful info to know.

As for truecar.com, i used it bc i just hate dealing w the sales people. it did remove some hassle but did have to call around to their dealers to find out who had my exact specs in stock. but after that, it was as advertised.

I guess the lowest price way is to use truecar to find local prices, not click through to see the exact dealers and then negotiate to something better.

but for a first time user, i really did enjoy not having to negotiate - seems price was pretty good (it also had the toyotaguard, dent protecters on the doors, pinstripes - actually had them remove that for no cost)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just picked up a white se v6 last night. Msrp was 31,109.00 I paid 27,733.00 I got regional pricing minus an extra e1000
That's a pretty sweet deal! $27,733.00-$1000? (26,733) Or was 27,733 your total?

I paid $28,000 before taxes for my 2012 SE V6 FULLY loaded. Sticker price was $31,200. I was pretty satisfied with that price, I don't know if I would have gotten it for any cheaper but I live in the Bronx, NY and absolutely NO ONE could match this price. I bought mine at Woburn Toyota in Woburn, MA. Speak to Dan Cushman, and tell him Oscar Silva told you about him. He hooked it up. I have his direct number if anything, hit me up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi lumpster,

Which 1000 rebate you are referring to. Is there another 1000 rebate other than Twitter Toyotathon-sharethon rebate.
Anybody else has any idea about 1000 rebate?. Is that college graduate rebate 1000?
Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
dealers earn coupons worth 250 dollars to help close deals, the dealer can give 4 to one person. So i got 4 of them, and that netted 1000 off the regional price, or whatever i got.

I know a toyota employee that gave me the price,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drove home today with a 2012 XLE Hybrid with leather, Premium HDD Nav, Convenience Package, Safety Connect, Blind Spot Mirror, floor mats, and a spoiler. MSRP was $34,610 (not including the spoiler). I paid $32,400 before tax and fees.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Boy, you don't know how lucky you are arguing about $360/month to buy vs $180/months to lease.
I'm in Montreal, Canada looking for a replacement for my end-of-lease 2008 LE V6 +leather Camry and the cheapest bareback 2012 LE comes to almost $550 to buy vs $375 to lease over 5 years due to insane prices, fees and taxes. Not to mention that to get a V6 one should go all the way upscale.
All the best to american Toyota lovers. I'm gonna go and buy a Kia instead.

·
11,327 Posts
Boy, you don't know how lucky you are arguing about $360/month to buy vs $180/months to lease.
I'm in Montreal, Canada looking for a replacement for my end-of-lease 2008 LE V6 +leather Camry and the cheapest bareback 2012 LE comes to almost $550 to buy vs $375 to lease over 5 years due to insane prices, fees and taxes. Not to mention that to get a V6 one should go all the way upscale.
All the best to american Toyota lovers. I'm gonna go and buy a Kia instead.
You already lost money leasing a car that you don't/want to own. It won't be that much at Kia, and maybe worse, due to Kia's still low resale value compared to Toyota.

·
Registered
97 Posts
2012 Camry SE V6
Super White
Leather Package
JBL Radio
Convenience Package
Sunroof
All Weather Mats

Sticker of $31,200 and leased it for 3 years at 350/mo, 0 down.

181 - 200 of 2454 Posts