Toyota Nation Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2454 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
^ were u able to check out the LEDs? Ya, the V6 is pretty demure until you uncork it (just keep in the right gears and u'll never have problems on a freeway onramp!).

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
I just turned them on to see them during the day, wasn't able to do anything else with them. They looked cool, and I like how the high beam LED is like two separate reflectors. That's a lot of LEDs up front :)

·
Senior Citizen Member
206 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Toyota is heavily discounting the Camries now due to lack of interest since the body style change in 2015
Really surprised to hear this! We love the new body style and the wife especially liked the Bliz Pearl. Also, I had thought that 2015 was a redesign, just learning now that it is only a cosmetic change.

·
Registered
561 Posts
This is pretty hilarious ppl are believing in the "$8k off Camry's", so I did as anyone that has an iota of grey matter did: I called them on it, because hell if it's true, I'm buying a few and flipping it here where it's much more expensive! :)

So, I called for a new car sales guy, who didn't know about the promo going on. It's okay, he might of been new, so I asked to be transfered to the internet manager. Had a conversation with him asking if I can get the base Camry SE (MSRP $24,900) with the 8K off for price of $16.9k. He kind of chuckled at that notion and said the ad was "UP TO (in fine print) $8k) off, which was on a fully loaded demo vehicle they had. He said he could do around 21K right now, so I politely declined. What a downer.....lol

Lesson learned: don't believe everything u read on the internet and don't be fooled for typical bait and switch tactics. Only a fool with an agenda would try to tell you otherwise lol....

·
Registered
138 Posts
^ Black on Black is the only way. I passed on a deal that was Ash since they had it on the lot for a while. The Toyota site makes it look dark, but good thing I asked for actual pics, because it's very light and has too much contrast with the 2 tone. Maybe it would look better on a lighter color like white or beige, but doesn't flow with the blue, red, or black.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
No, I don't have the Ash Grey/ Black interior. I originally did, bebut wanted the Black on Black look so had to do a dealer trade for it. What color combo are you thinking of?
^ Black on Black is the only way. I passed on a deal that was Ash since they had it on the lot for a while. The Toyota site makes it look dark, but good thing I asked for actual pics, because it's very light and has too much contrast with the 2 tone. Maybe it would look better on a lighter color like white or beige, but doesn't flow with the blue, red, or black.
I think ideally I'd do black on black, but the blizzard pearl my dealer has on the lot has the ash/black. It isn't my ideal choice, but I'm leasing the car so I don't really care that much.

My concerns with the colors are:
Black on black - the black suede will trap and show dust in the corners that floats around in the car, pet hair (don't have to worry about this), and lint from clothes. I'm worried it will look good for the first months, and then it gets worse over time. It will also be hotter in the summer (I'm promising myself I won't tint this vehicle...we'll see though :D). But I agree, the black/black looks better.

Ash on black - the interior is very light, so it is susceptible to show dirt. Luckily, I keep my cars very clean, so I shouldn't need to really worry about this, but you can't control passengers, accidents, etc. A plus is it should be less hot in the summer, and I bet the ash/black interior paired with the Blizzard Pearl will be one of the coolest (temperature) combinations in the warm summer months. Also, my last 3 vehicle interiors were black/black, so I'm intrigued by the contrasting interior. Not going to lie though, the first time I saw the ash/black I was thinking "wow, wtf?". Then stared at it, drove the V6, and it wasn't so bad :)

There aren't any other blizzard pearl XSE V6's in my area, so I have to decide what I prefer: black/black interior or BP exterior. I will probably choose BP exterior and take the ash. Mainly because, again, I'm not too worried about it since its not actually my car.

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
Alright, here is my lease deal I just took delivery of:

Car: 2016 Camry XSE V6 ($31,370 base price)
Options: JBL (EN) $805, Special Paint (PC) $395, Blind Spot (BD) $500, Wheel locks (WL) $65, Protection package (Q2) $477, and Carpet/Trunk Mat Set (CF) $225.
MSRP: $34,672
Invoice: $31,368
Vehicle Price: $30,170 ($1,198 below invoice, 13% off MSRP)
Residual Value for 24 month lease: $23,230 (67%; 36 month lease is 59%)
Money Factor: 0.00061 (equates to ~1.5% APR)
Tax (4.17% in VA): $1,238
Tags, Title, etc: $66.75
Acquisition Fee: $650
Dealer processing: $545
Gross cap cost (total money to be paid in some fashion; total everything above): $32,670.61
Lease Cash Rebate: $1,000
Recent College Grad Rebate: $750
Additional cap cost reduction: $900
Total Cap Cost Reduction: $2,650
Adjusted Cap Cost: $30,020 (amount lease payments are based on)
Monthly payment: $315.42

Overall, I'm happy. The raw vehicle price including the $1000 lease cash was $29,200, which beat TrueCar by $3,500 (TC values were $32,777 and $33,717; and those included the $1,000 rebate in their prices). Then the $750 rebate went in. So essentially what I did was roll everything into the lease, then pay for all the fees and some of the sales tax with the rebates, since they are free money. Since I had positive equity, I went ahead and paid my first month's payment out of it, and most of the remaining tax. I always recommend people roll everything into a lease and only pay the first month's payment for safety in the event of a total vehicle loss, but I netted $0 out of pocket so I figured to go ahead and do it. Plus, I was challenging myself to see how I could take my Tundra payment and cut it in half with paying little to $0 out of pocket. Well, mission accomplished.

I pushed hard on getting the MF down, but it was proven to me that 0.00061 really was the lowest available. The first MF they brought me was 0.00101. I quickly declined that and told them I want the base for Tier 1 Plus credit. I could have waited for the November numbers, but the price was so far below TrueCar that I didn't want to risk the good vehicle price for $15 max a month savings by getting a lower money factor. Plus, this was the only Blizzard Pearl XSE V6 in the Northern VA area.

Also, for anyone who is getting prepared to negotiate, I want to point out the negotiations started at $410 a month, but for a 36 month lease. 36 month lease payments will always be lower than 24. I dropped the monthly payment by about $100, and took it down to a 24 month lease. Do your research so you know a good deal when you see one, and so that you know what to ask for, how to ask for it, and what to accept.

Also, this is a prime example of how the "1 stop shopping" of TrueCar leaves a lot of money on the table. I beat it by $3,500 on a $34,6xx vehicle. That's a significant savings under TrueCar.

I ended up selling my trade in (2014 Tundra Limited) to CarMax, as the dealer couldn't touch their price. If you want to trade your vehicle in, getting it appraised at CarMax first is an absolute must. Most cases, the dealer will be able to match. It wasn't the case in my situation because I had modified the truck so they couldn't certify it without restoring it all back to stock.

Anyways, hope this helps someone. November numbers will be better, but I need to move on to other stuff I have going on, and the deal as a whole was right.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Alright, here is my lease deal I just took delivery of:

Car: 2016 Camry XSE V6 ($31,370 base price)
Options: JBL (EN) $805, Special Paint (PC) $395, Blind Spot (BD) $500, Wheel locks (WL) $65, Protection package (Q2) $477, and Carpet/Trunk Mat Set (CF) $225.
MSRP: $34,672
Invoice: $31,368
Vehicle Price: $30,170 ($1,198 below invoice, 13% off MSRP)
Residual Value for 24 month lease: $23,230 (67%; 36 month lease is 59%)
Money Factor: 0.00061 (equates to ~1.5% APR)
Tax (4.17% in VA): $1,238
Tags, Title, etc: $66.75
Acquisition Fee: $650
Dealer processing: $545
Gross cap cost (total money to be paid in some fashion; total everything above): $32,670.61
Lease Cash Rebate: $1,000
Recent College Grad Rebate: $750
Additional cap cost reduction: $900
Total Cap Cost Reduction: $2,650
Adjusted Cap Cost: $30,020 (amount lease payments are based on)
Monthly payment: $315.42

Overall, I'm happy. The raw vehicle price including the $1000 lease cash was $29,200, which beat TrueCar by $3,500 (TC values were $32,777 and $33,717; and those included the $1,000 rebate in their prices). Then the $750 rebate went in. So essentially what I did was roll everything into the lease, then pay for all the fees and some of the sales tax with the rebates, since they are free money. Since I had positive equity, I went ahead and paid my first month's payment out of it, and most of the remaining tax. I always recommend people roll everything into a lease and only pay the first month's payment for safety in the event of a total vehicle loss, but I netted $0 out of pocket so I figured to go ahead and do it. Plus, I was challenging myself to see how I could take my Tundra payment and cut it in half with paying little to $0 out of pocket. Well, mission accomplished.

I pushed hard on getting the MF down, but it was proven to me that 0.00061 really was the lowest available. The first MF they brought me was 0.00101. I quickly declined that and told them I want the base for Tier 1 Plus credit. I could have waited for the November numbers, but the price was so far below TrueCar that I didn't want to risk the good vehicle price for $15 max a month savings by getting a lower money factor. Plus, this was the only Blizzard Pearl XSE V6 in the Northern VA area.

Also, for anyone who is getting prepared to negotiate, I want to point out the negotiations started at $410 a month, but for a 36 month lease. 36 month lease payments will always be lower than 24. I dropped the monthly payment by about $100, and took it down to a 24 month lease. Do your research so you know a good deal when you see one, and so that you know what to ask for, how to ask for it, and what to accept.

Also, this is a prime example of how the "1 stop shopping" of TrueCar leaves a lot of money on the table. I beat it by $3,500 on a $34,6xx vehicle. That's a significant savings under TrueCar.

I ended up selling my trade in (2014 Tundra Limited) to CarMax, as the dealer couldn't touch their price. If you want to trade your vehicle in, getting it appraised at CarMax first is an absolute must. Most cases, the dealer will be able to match. It wasn't the case in my situation because I had modified the truck so they couldn't certify it without restoring it all back to stock.

Anyways, hope this helps someone. November numbers will be better, but I need to move on to other stuff I have going on, and the deal as a whole was right.
Great insight into the mind of a true car negotiator :)

I had a few questions...

- Where does the Additional cap cost reduction come from?
- So in the future, one should ask for the rebate the dealer claims will be "mailed" to you upfront into the deal?
- Also, you say "negotiations started at $410/month" but it is my understanding that it's batter to negotiate the out the door price & not the monthly payment right?

--> When I did my deal, although I was negotiating the out the door price of the car, I had an app on my iPad that used to create variables & equations prior that would show my would be monthly payment at an expected interest rate based on the out the door price I was trying to get too. Thus, when ever the dealer gave my a number, I would simply punch it into the app & see what monthly payment that would put me at & be like "you guys are getting closer but we just aren't there yet." :lol:

- Do you lease all your vehicles & if so why? Though my guess would be because you don't have to worry about depreciation since you probs change out cars often :)

I also agree w/ your statements about TrueCar. I believe for a novice car shopper it's a fine guide & should help limit just how much the dealer tries to rip you off but my deal ended up beating the TrueCar estimate for a fully loaded 15' Camry SE w/ Navigation & Push2Start by thousands (if I recall correctly, I was around $3-4K below invoice).

2021 - 2040 of 2454 Posts
About this Discussion
2.5K Replies
624 Participants
cmk033
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing