Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2454 Posts

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
No, KBB values are inflated these days. Camrys are a dime a dozen and there are tens of thousands of LE's to compare to.

But I am glad you are happy with your purchase!

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
Camrys are a dime a dozen and there are tens of thousands of LE's to compare to.
I agree. but camry still on of the most popular used cars.
and nice, clean, camry with no mechanical problems still good buy and they never cheap.

But I am glad you are happy with your purchase!
thanks. but unfortunately it is not what I wanted to buy.

don't get me wrong, new camry is very nice car and way better than most competitors, but it is not what I was hoping to get.

like I said somewhere above, certain circumstances, good $ for my trade, great discount,
good resale value and MPG took over.
I bought gen.6 camry because I liked it, I bougt this one because of other reasons.
and I say something else: after driving it for a week, I like it even more.
so far only couple real "issues" with new camry: you can't manually open trunk with key, parking brake should've been positioned higher and more to the left-like on V40 and headlights are weak.

·
Banned
Every Toyota
345 Posts
Open your back drivers door, tell me if you hear a weird clicking sound from the handle. Thats the only issue Ive noticed on them.

Send your friend to me, I'll mail you a $100 gift card good at my dealership. It's only a 29 hour drive.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
Open your back drivers door, tell me if you hear a weird clicking sound from the handle. Thats the only issue Ive noticed on them.
nothing weird. at least so far.

Send your friend to me, I'll mail you a $100 gift card good at my dealership.
you miles away from his numbers. it doesn't look like a deal.
but I'll let him know anyway.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Yeah, you always get more by selling it private party and you usually don't have to wait that long. Longest I've waited when selling a car on craigslist (and I've sold 5 of my own cars there) was a week. You don't have to be that patient to wait a week.

·
Banned
Every Toyota
345 Posts
:)
he wants to trade it, not to sell it.
if you ever tried to sell a car on your own, I'm sure you know the difference.
He doesn't want to put the time, effort, and aggravation of selling his 100k mile Camry for 10 grand....so he wants us to do it for free? :facepalm:

8k is a fair number on trade, remember he gets the sales tax credit too another $500 or so. He's buying our car at wholesale price, why does he expect retail for his? (Insert another over used car sales cliche here to close deal).

Fair enough?

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
He doesn't want to put the time, effort, and aggravation of selling his 100k mile Camry for 10 grand....so he wants us to do it for free? :facepalm:
:). that exactly what I've been told at VW dealership week ago, after 1.5 hrs. negotiation they offered me $8250.
guess what, I didn't buy passat.:)

He's buying our car at wholesale price, why does he expect retail for his?
I bet you your dealer got poster "huge savings on 2012 Camry +top $ for your trade":) and balloons flying around.

some dealer prefer to sell more cars but make less per unit.
more you sell, more and cheaper you buy cars.
in the end, some dealers make more, some less.

Fair enough?
absolutely.
I'll let you know how much he paid and how much he get for his trade.

if not, there is always an option:
he bought his 2009 Venza here in Dallas. of course he drove back 1400 miles, but he saved few $ to keep him happy on that long trip.
if difference will be big enough he might make this trip again on his new Camry.

·
Banned
Every Toyota
345 Posts
Sure, let me know. Just be sure to find out how much aftersell he bought to make up the loss difference.

We actually don't have balloons, and have no such advertising. I'm at a top 10 dealer in the region, we wouldn't be there if we were trying to hold gross on everyone.

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE V6
68 Posts
Bought a Camry SE fully loaded in Puerto Rico was $34,975 minus my 07 Camry XLE trade in when down to $26,975. My trade in was $11,000 and I owed my bank $3,000 so its was $8 g down on my new SE. Will be paying 20 dollars less a month than my prior one.
The color is pretty tight too. It's light grey metallic
Mine got 6.1 screen with 3D GPS and Entune
8 Way power driver's seat
Moonroof
Auto-Diming Rear View Mirror with Compass
Home link Buttons
Carpet Mats
Shield Package
Leather and Cloth Seats
Paddle Shifters on Steering Wheels
18" Wheels
HD Radio

·
Registered
55 Posts
Got back from the dealer tonight:

2012 SE 4cyl
Nav + Entune
8-way power driver's seat
Moonroof
auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass
premium carpet mats
Vehicle shield package

MSRP $27,102
- $2352 (Toyota rebates plus dealer discount)
- $1000 College student discount

Price paid: $23,750. The dealer included window tint to match OEM at no cost, which would have added $275 to the MSRP had it been listed as an option, so taking that into account, I paid $23,475 for the car compared with Camry's that already have the tint

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Camry SE
249 Posts
I was thinking you talking about 1K under my price.

but you do sell cars at auction. so you'll make your $500-700 or more anyway.
if you'll sell on the lot-couple grand, maybe bit less.

people like honest deal: fair money for my wheels and best offer for new car.
I woreked for dealer, you still do, we both know dealer nevr will loose $ on brand new model, especially toyota, especially camry.

I knew that. all depend how much extra?
Dude, MAToyotaSales is right. He will def hook it up, I know some people are paying $28,000 for a SE V6 that has an MSRP of $31,040.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
Dude, MAToyotaSales is right. He will def hook it up, I know some people are paying $28,000 for a SE V6 that has an MSRP of $31,040.
great price.
but price is absolutely unimportant, but trade difference is.
MAToyotaSales can not touch trade difference my friend looking for.
He might be wrong, might be right, but it sure wont be a deal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Damn man that is crazy, I looked at an SE last week and they tried to sell me it at sticker. Needless to say I walked, how many hour drive are you from south jersey. :lol:
First dealer I tried to make a deal with was 3k over the next two I dealt with in terms of new car price and trade in value. When I knocked them down on the new car price they tried to make it up on the trade. Definitely pays to shop around

·
Banned
Every Toyota
345 Posts
great price.
but price is absolutely unimportant, but trade difference is.
MAToyotaSales can not touch trade difference my friend looking for.
He might be wrong, might be right, but it sure wont be a deal.
Christ Himself couldn't make the ACV of a 100k mile 07 Base Camry more than 8 grand. Anyone who offers more than that is simply taking gross out of the new car. I can however use 4 $250 closing coupons to bring it up to 9k, but we save those for PMA customers.

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,507 Posts
Christ Himself couldn't make the ACV of a 100k mile 07 Base Camry more than 8 grand. Anyone who offers more than that is simply taking gross out of the new car.
yep, looks like Christ work for different dealers...

I can however use 4 $250 closing coupons to bring it up to 9k, but we save those for PMA customers.
how about $9500 for trade +coupons?

21 - 40 of 2454 Posts