Toyota Nation Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 2454 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Okay, I looked over the paper work again, and OTD price is a little over 26k. Including an extended warranty for $1,400 for warranty that I am thinking about canceling. I put down $4,500 and used the $1,000 rebate as more down payment. Car is a 2013 SE 4-cylinder with power seat and navigation.

Using the Edmund's true market value, it said it was a fair deal, but after seeing the numbers here, I am having some buyer's remorse.
It's not necessarily a bad deal, some people have better luck at haggling and the OTD is the most inaccurate price gage out there because taxes and license fees differ by a lot between states and even between counties. WA state is anywhere between 8.5-9.5 in sales tax.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
127 Posts
Okay, I looked over the paper work again, and OTD price is a little over 26k. Including an extended warranty for $1,400 for warranty that I am thinking about canceling. I put down $4,500 and used the $1,000 rebate as more down payment. Car is a 2013 SE 4-cylinder with power seat and navigation.

Using the Edmund's true market value, it said it was a fair deal, but after seeing the numbers here, I am having some buyer's remorse.
Your price looks fair. Pretty good actually. The extended warranty you purchased can be canceled within 30 days from the day you got it. I purchased it initially as well and I canceled it and got a full refund. If you want to purchase it later on, it's possible up until 3 years or 36,000 miles of owning your Camry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Picked up a grey 2012 LE with 50,000km/31k miles on it for $19,000 all in - includes the killer 13% sales tax in Ontario, registration and other fees.

The car is very clean and accident/scratch/dent free, so I think I got a good deal.

My budget was $20k so I am happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Picked up a grey 2012 LE with 50,000km/31k miles on it for $19,000 all in - includes the killer 13% sales tax in Ontario, registration and other fees.

The car is very clean and accident/scratch/dent free, so I think I got a good deal.

My budget was $20k so I am happy with the purchase.
i know you're in canada, but for $20k, you could have bought a brand new LE here in the states.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i know you're in canada, but for $20k, you could have bought a brand new LE here in the states.
Yes, I am aware of the price difference but last I checked, Toyota does not honor the warranty once the US vehicle crosses the border and is registered here in Canada..

You guys are very lucky down there when it comes to buying new vehicles. I am planning to purchase a either a BMW or a Benz in the near future for myself to replace my aging F150, and I will definitely purchase that from the states. I've heard of people saving thousands when purchasing these luxury vehicles in the states rather than Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All, new member of the forum. Just bought a 2013 XLE with Leather and Convenience package with floor mats for $24648+TTL. Looking forward to owning a car that shouldn't have me in the shop on a regular basis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another new member here. I picked up a 2012 Barcelona Red 2.5 SE (CPO)pretty loaded, Nav, Push button start, power seat and Sun/Moon roof. 19,002 Miles. $19.5k +TTR.

This was a great site to get info on these cars. Spent many hours reading through the forum before deciding on a Camry.. Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi All, new member of the forum. Just bought a 2013 XLE with Leather and Convenience package with floor mats for $24648+TTL. Looking forward to owning a car that shouldn't have me in the shop on a regular basis
:welcome: looks like you got a good deal on a great car. The Camry is a reliable car and you shouldn't have any problems for a long time, Toyota has proved it's reliability. Enjoy your new Camry!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Another new member here. I picked up a 2012 Barcelona Red 2.5 SE (CPO)pretty loaded, Nav, Push button start, power seat and Sun/Moon roof. 19,002 Miles. $19.5k +TTR.

This was a great site to get info on these cars. Spent many hours reading through the forum before deciding on a Camry.. Thanks!
:welcome: Barcelona red, a real beautiful color. You chose right with the Camry. There is no other midsize that shares the beauty, elegance and refinement of the Camry. Enjoy your Camry!

·
Another Camry...
686 Posts
Just bought a brand new dark grey 2013 Camry Hybrid XLE with Nav for $26,300 from Auburn Toyota in Auburn, CA after the $500 cash back and financed at 0% APR. $1250 under invoice and then the $500 basically made it $1750 under.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Finalized the deal today on a brand new 2014 Camry SE with NAV/rear view cam in Cosmic Grey Mica for $30,000 all in (13% sales tax in ON). I got a couple of freebies included in there as well such as trunk net, extra set floor mats, & wheel locks.

I put $8,000 down on the vehicle and financed the rest at 0.9% for 60 months. In 5 years time, I end up paying like $500 something in interest, but I am hoping to pay off the open loan before that term.

Any opinions on this deal? This color is extremely hard to find and new cars are coming in weekly. They gave me an ETA of 2 weeks for this car to arrive at the dealership.

I'll be passing the 2012 Camry LE that I currently have with 50,000km on it to the wife...needless to say she wasn't too ecstatic about me passing along the old car while taking the new one LOL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finalized the deal today on a brand new 2014 Camry SE with NAV/rear view cam in Cosmic Grey Mica for $30,000 all in (13% sales tax in ON). I got a couple of freebies included in there as well such as trunk net, extra set floor mats, & wheel locks.

I put $8,000 down on the vehicle and financed the rest at 0.9% for 60 months. In 5 years time, I end up paying like $500 something in interest, but I am hoping to pay off the open loan before that term.

Any opinions on this deal? This color is extremely hard to find and new cars are coming in weekly. They gave me an ETA of 2 weeks for this car to arrive at the dealership.

I'll be passing the 2012 Camry LE that I currently have with 50,000km on it to the wife...needless to say she wasn't too ecstatic about me passing along the old car while taking the new one LOL.
i got the exact same car and color without the accessories that you mentioned but a 2012 se v6 for 29k 0% apr..but yours is 2 MY newer so i guess it's good?

·
It's Official
9,215 Posts
x3ria - but whats your sales tax in S.F.? gotta be lower than 13%!

Kessel - 13% is an insane amount of tax! Here in VA it went up from 3% to 4% and i thought it was getting high lol. Did you get a V6 or 4cyl? I think you got a decent deal as 30k OTD, especially given your interest rate is so high.

·
Registered
39 Posts
x3ria - but whats your sales tax in S.F.? gotta be lower than 13%!

Kessel - 13% is an insane amount of tax! Here in VA it went up from 3% to 4% and i thought it was getting high lol. Did you get a V6 or 4cyl? I think you got a decent deal as 30k OTD, especially given your interest rate is so high.
actually bought it in El Monte, CA which is 9.5%...13% is a bit much!

I guess that's Canada!

1021 - 1040 of 2454 Posts
About this Discussion
2.5K Replies
624 Participants
cmk033
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing