Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2454 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I dont know if you are familiar with truecar.com
You go there select 2012 camry the trim you want and they tell you the price that dealers offer in your area.
In my area the best price was $21,920 for 2012 SE.
When I went to the dealer they wanted $25,000 before taxes and all that stuff. The sticker on the car was $25,500 + 3,000 market value adjustment =28,500
Its either most of them dont know what true car price is or playing stupid. They cant refuse they price that true car is saying thats if their dealer participates on that site. Most dealers do.
About the 0% they dont officially advertise it to public but its available. I just called the dealer and was like : hey I got the $ for the new camry but I find that 1.(% rate is unexceptable to me if you give me 0% I will buy it they were like ok but we can only finance up to $20,000 which was fine by me I paid the balance of $4,700
So just call your dealers and see what they can do for you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I dont know if you are familiar with truecar.com
You go there select 2012 camry the trim you want and they tell you the price that dealers offer in your area.
In my area the best price was $21,920 for 2012 SE.
When I went to the dealer they wanted $25,000 before taxes and all that stuff. The sticker on the car was $25,500 + 3,000 market value adjustment =28,500
Its either most of them dont know what true car price is or playing stupid. They cant refuse they price that true car is saying thats if their dealer participates on that site. Most dealers do.
About the 0% they dont officially advertise it to public but its available. I just called the dealer and was like : hey I got the $ for the new camry but I find that 1.(% rate is unexceptable to me if you give me 0% I will buy it they were like ok but we can only finance up to $20,000 which was fine by me I paid the balance of $4,700
So just call your dealers and see what they can do for you
Ok, so you didn't get the Navigation or convenience package with your deal. If you add those two things, Truecar for your area is about $25,125 which makes more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought the 2012 Camry SE 4 cylinder without moon roof for around 19k after the $1000 rebate, $1000 student discount, and $2000 off the 23,000ish sticker price. I think i got a good deal :) 3.45% APR plus around $200 title and taxes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I paid $28,000 for a Camry 12 SE V6 in magnetic grey fully loaded with all the options. The MSRP was 31,200 so I got $3200 off the bat, before taxes. For an additional $595 I purchased a Safe-Guard plan which covers unlimited Wheel & Tire (Scrtached rims, stolen rims, Blow out tires, worn out tires, flats) replacement for 5 years. That was a no brainer especially since I got a BLOWN OUT tire after owning the car for 4 days :face palm: It was hassle to deal with, being late for school and it affected my next 3 days but at least I didn't have to pay for the replacement. I got the same tire replaced at my Toyota Dealer. Also for $295 I got Safe-Guard's Safe-key which covers up to 5 remote key replacements.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got a SE V6, with leather, moonroof, convience package, and floor mats for $28,300 not including the $500 Toyota rebate from edmunds.com. Got 4500 for a trade on an 03 Camry LE I4, which was $500 less than one of the other dealers, but they wouldn't really budge much from the MSRP. APR was a bit high at 5.25, but I will just pay the car off by this time next year. Now I just need to get the windows tinted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just bought the 2012 Camry SE 4 cylinder without moon roof for around 19k after the $1000 rebate, $1000 student discount, and $2000 off the 23,000ish sticker price. I think i got a good deal :) 3.45% APR plus around $200 title and taxes.
Sounds like you did just a little better than me, but we both got good deals. I already posted mine, I got the $1000 rebate, $1000 student discount, and $1352 off MSRP + wholesale tinting. My car had more options than yours, so I paid $23,870 total for the car. Fees and all that additional. 3.25% for 60 months, no money down with Toyota Financing

2012 SE 4cyl
Nav + Entune
8-way power driver's seat
Moonroof
auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass
premium carpet mats
Vehicle shield package
5-window tint

MSRP $27,377
- $1000 Toyota rebate
- $1000 College student discount
- $1352 Dealer discount off sticker
- $155 dealer tint wholesale discount

Price paid: $23,870

For those who say you have to know the trade in value to evaluate the new car price, that only applies if you negotiate both at once. Hopefully, most people are calling around and negotiating the new car price separately from the trade in. If you get enough quotes, it becomes clear what dealers are willing to do on the new car side without factoring in a trade. That's what I did, so I could have bought the new car at this same deal quoted above and sold my old one separately on the private market or at CarMax, but I chose to trade it in after getting a few competitive quotes on it. The process did expose one dealer who finally agreed to match my new car quotes but than came in $2000 below my other quotes for the trade in. So you'll also separate the dealers with integrity from the scam artists

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the first time in a long time, I wish I were in College again... $1000 off is great...

I don't believe what a lot of people "claim" they pay for their cars, but for the first time, I am jealous.... Man, I want to file discrimination or something :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is $1000 toyota rebate ? I'm aware of only college rebate...You guys seem to get best deal

Sounds like you did just a little better than me, but we both got good deals. I already posted mine, I got the $1000 rebate, $1000 student discount, and $1352 off MSRP + wholesale tinting. My car had more options than yours, so I paid $23,870 total for the car. Fees and all that additional. 3.25% for 60 months, no money down with Toyota Financing

2012 SE 4cyl
Nav + Entune
8-way power driver's seat
Moonroof
auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass
premium carpet mats
Vehicle shield package
5-window tint

MSRP $27,377
- $1000 Toyota rebate
- $1000 College student discount
- $1352 Dealer discount off sticker
- $155 dealer tint wholesale discount

Price paid: $23,870

For those who say you have to know the trade in value to evaluate the new car price, that only applies if you negotiate both at once. Hopefully, most people are calling around and negotiating the new car price separately from the trade in. If you get enough quotes, it becomes clear what dealers are willing to do on the new car side without factoring in a trade. That's what I did, so I could have bought the new car at this same deal quoted above and sold my old one separately on the private market or at CarMax, but I chose to trade it in after getting a few competitive quotes on it. The process did expose one dealer who finally agreed to match my new car quotes but than came in $2000 below my other quotes for the trade in. So you'll also separate the dealers with integrity from the scam artists

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is $1000 toyota rebate ? I'm aware of only college rebate...You guys seem to get best deal
I am not saying they aren't getting rebates (I got a $500 rebate), but I wouldn't believe everything you read on this forum. A lot of people make stuff up to make other people feel bad about their purchases.

I know Toyota dealers get unannounced rebates for the number of cars they sell in a month. I got two $250 rebates for a total of $500... They aren't announced, but if you push hard enough, you can sometimes get them. The dealers only get a certain number of them to use....

A good deal is if you are happy with what you paid. Doesn't matter what other people get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
V6 SE at invoice, saw the invoice, which I remembered from some research. Dealer offered $6,500 for '03 Camry LE i4 with 99k. '03 was in really nice shape. Selling price was $27,921 list was $29,948. Price includes destination, no tax, title or dealer charges. Has convenience, package and moon roof and of course other dealer installed items. I thought it was pretty good considering that the model was brand new. Financing was 2.4%. The sales guy did admit that they had been very slow lately.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am working on a 2012 Camry SE 4 cyl with just power driver seat. They are offering me this vehicle for $22,000 even (throwing in 2 $100 gift cards to a fancy restaurant, too). They are offering $4500 for my vehicles, which is slightly more than I would expect from a dealer (95 Trans Am 86k miles, 90 Civic 213k miles). I also get $500 edmunds rebate (not factored in above). Thoughts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please give me the link for $500 edmunds rebate. I am looking for it but I am not able to find it.

Thanks
A link won't work, it is specific to your IP address and will kick to the main page if it doesn't match. You have to just play around on their site for a while to get it to show up. Spend a lot of time looking at the Camry and you may get it to show. Ask your friends to look for you, too... They can fill out the info with your name and email and it will come to you to complete.

This was a little strange... I had gotten the link for the ipad and I really wanted the $500 instead, so I just ignored that one. I then got a direct question that popped up asking whey I didn't take it and I responded stating I would prefer the $500 rebate. The next day, I see the rebate banner offering choice of either $500 rebate of ipad. They listened!

·
Registered
35 Posts
2012 Camry SE I4 Base w/ mats and no other options. MSRP is $23,985.

Price paid was $21,448 + tax, title, and license fees before the $500 edmunds.com rebate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2012 SE
8way power seat
Floor mats
$23,100 OTD, tax, tag and title included in the price. No Trade in.

I pick it up tomorrow morning:clap:

101 - 120 of 2454 Posts