I dont know about you guys, but sitting around looking at my filthy car with the nasty steelies on it really gets the gears turning about next spring and the mods I want to complete next summer. Im sure everyone else has plans and its always fun to share, so camry or not, post up your planned mods for 2007!
Here is my list:
1. S54 5 speed transmission swap from the SBC- Hopefully I will have this installed by speed source sometime near the end of the semester, depending on my financial situation. If things go well I may be getting a different clutch as well- dont really need a stage 3 clutch on my 5s :lol:
2. Finish my body kit- I really want to pick up a new set of razzi sides and a razzi rear lip to complete my body kit. I want to paint them black and finish off the two tone oreo look. I got a sweet set of skirts from Brett but DHL destroyed them, so hopefully the money from that mishap will go towards these.
3. Lower the car more- Preferably and most likely with K-Sport coilovers sometime next summer, but if that doesnt pan out Im going to try Tein solara springs. The drop has to be even though, thats my biggest requirement.
4. Quiet the exhaust- Im installing a vibrant resonator to keep the rasp down. I am also considering installing a new muffler to spice things up a bit.
5. Finally tint it- I want to do 30% tint on all but the windshield. That should help the carbon fit the black/white scheme a little better.
6. Paint the roof black- I havent decided if I want to go full panda top or just do the center roof section, but some black paint needs to be sprayed up there.
7. Get some comfy seats- Id like to install a nice set of black seats with some solid bolsters to make my interior a little classier.
So those are my big plans, I wonder how much of it Ill actually get done :lol: lets here what everyone else is up to!
Well, I drive a 2002 Gen5 LE, and just had the most expensive mods to my car.
12/06 - purchased and installed D2 coilovers
12/06 - fixed dents on my car, re-painted the car from its original white to the smoky granite mica on lexus models, molded on the front add-on piece of body kit, color-matched the housing of headlight w/ the new body paint color, lightly smoked the taillamps (just got my car back yesterday).
As far as 2007 goes,
1. get axles fixed or get new axles.
2. re-do alignment on the car
3. inspect the wiring of rear speakers; replace stock rear speakers w/ some audiobahns if necessary.
I'm done with the Camry!!! Well...not really...I'm getting my Viper alarm/remote starter installed on Jan. 2nd,...so don't try and steal my car. Tint is going on, 25% and brow, and NEX kit. I need to stop dumping so much money into the car, so this is it.
1) 95-96 headlights
2) 95-96 front bumper
3) new white trunk lid
4) put on my old 14" steelie's
5) find a OEM muffler/res and get that welded on
6) replace my nice speakers with some cheaper ones
7) remove the whole after market wiring for the sound system
8) replace MISC broken things
9) OEM suspension
10) sell car/misc after market parts
11) buy sc400
I've planned to sell my Spyder and get a GS300, but if I plan to keep my Spyder these are the plans.
1. Finish my fiberglass trunk setup
2. Front Bumper Lip
3. 17" Rims either from a 3000GT or 2000+ Eclipse and spray them bronze/gold
4. In dash monitor
5. Alarm w/ remote start, window roll up and microwave sensor.
1 - Wide Dunlop Direzza DZ101 215/50/16 race track tires (near slick radials).
2 - Tein lowering springs.
3 - Switch to Redline synthetic manual transmission oil.
4 - Blue batmobile's tail light black out overlays.
5 - Improving times to a best of 14.4 - 14.6 and 97 - 98 mph at the dragstrip.
Nice to have's this year:
1 - Fidanza 7.5 lbs racing flywheel.
2 - ACT or Exeddy racing clutch.
3 - Dyno'ing close to 178 - 180 wheel hp.