Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so I'm finally getting around to getting some more parts for my car. Here are the (19")wheels I'm looking at...

http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/wheels/street-style/palladio/en

Springs...

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appgui...Year=2007&ModelID=430&q=2007 | TOYOTA | Camry

Do those numbers work? I really don't want any rubbing issues.

Here are the tires...

http://www.michelinman.com/tires/ultra-high-performance-sport/pilot-sport-as/

While I have your attention, I have a few more questions...

How can I adjust my spedometer to be accurate w/ the new tires/wheels?

Where can I buy a TRD front strut bar & rear TRD sway bar?

Thanks!

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
What Gen car do you have?

The rims are alright (my opinion) what's the offset though? H&R springs are a good brand. Tires is all personal choice really.

As for the Speedo, i have 19 x 8s and my speedo is the same as what it was with my stock rims. Just try and keep the overall diameter close to stock.

If it's a Gen 6 there is no TRD strut or sway bar.

If a Gen 5 check out www.trdparts4u.com

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What Gen car do you have?

The rims are alright (my opinion) what's the offset though? H&R springs are a good brand. Tires is all personal choice really.

As for the Speedo, i have 19 x 8s and my speedo is the same as what it was with my stock rims. Just try and keep the overall diameter close to stock.

If it's a Gen 6 there is no TRD strut or sway bar.

If a Gen 5 check out www.trdparts4u.com
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I have a Gen6 v6. The wheel offset is +45.

Does the overall diameter all depend on the tire size? I'd like to keep it the same if at all possible.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Ok.

Offset is fine, it'll work. You could go 235-35-19 on the tires.

Yes the overall is the rim size + tire size.

i think (someone else will help me on this) the stock is close to 26" overall diameter. If you do a search i know there's a few threads that Lammy has posted in and explains and has the exact numbers.

How wide are the rims?

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok.

Offset is fine, it'll work. You could go 235-35-19 on the tires.

Yes the overall is the rim size + tire size.

i think (someone else will help me on this) the stock is close to 26" overall diameter. If you do a search i know there's a few threads that Lammy has posted in and explains and has the exact numbers.

How wide are the rims?
Hmm, for some reason I cannot find the actual wheel width. However, tirerack does say that the recommended tire is 225/40-19.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
I'm no good with tires, so all i can say is it would depend on how much your car is going to be dropped.

i forget which number is the sidewall and which is the tire width.

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Not my style, but it is your car. I don't know about black rims on a gray car though. If you do go with them go with the +38 offset instead of the +45.

+38 will push them more towards the fender for a cleaner more flush look.

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not my style, but it is your car. I don't know about black rims on a gray car though. If you do go with them go with the +38 offset instead of the +45.

+38 will push them more towards the fender for a cleaner more flush look.
Oh, I found the width of those O.Z.'s. They're 8 inches wide. And yes, I would like to have an offset less than +45. Sadly, I don't think those O.Z.'s come in anything but +45.

I don't know how much you know about struts, but I'm thinking about upgrading them as well so I won't have any issues from the lowering in the future. Have any recommendations? Maybe it would be more cost effective/worthwhile for me to go directly to coilovers instead. What are the most popular/dependable coilovers in your opinion?

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
KYB are good struts, a lot of people have them here.

Coils, i don't know much about. there's Megan a few members have them, K-Sport i hear are ok...Tein has some coming out soon (if not already out).

Check the UltraRacing Vendor thread he's offering coils, though i have never heard of the brand.

I'd like coils myself but they're not in the budget for me.

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts
+40 will work fine with most wheels, What's the width on the wheels you listed?

As for tire size, for the Gen6 SE wheels, they use 215/55/17, and the overall diameter for that is 26.3".

So you can do 235/40/19, which is 26.4".
"When speedometer reads 60mph actual speed will be 60.3mph : 0.5% faster."

The cheaper route, is 235/35/19, which is 25.5".
When speedometer reads 60mph actual speed will be 58.1mph : 3.2% slower.

Another option is 245/35/19, that comes out to be 25.8"
When speedometer reads 60mph actual speed will be 58.8mph : 2% slower.

235/40/19 tires are harder to come by at normal tire shops, they'd probably have to order them.

I'd prefer taking the 235 over 245, unless your tire size is wider then 8.5", I prefer a more stretched look then going fat. If you have a 19x8 wheel, I'd do 225/40/19, which is a 26.1" diameter.

Use: http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

There are plenty of to get wheel spacers: http://www.upgrademotoring.com/wheels/kics_spacer.htm

On +40 offset wheels, I'd do maybe a 5mm spacer, depending on wheel width of course.

There exists another brand of strut bars and sway bars, which is from Ultra Racing, who is a vendor here by the name of mbarton I believe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can someone please explain to me thoroughly what offset, tire size mean? i.e. 235/40/19. I want to understand this and wouldn't be confused when buying rims or tires. Also, wanna be able to find some cheap rims or tires off craigs and know for sure they'll fit. any help/input would be appreciated.

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Can someone please explain to me thoroughly what offset, tire size mean? i.e. 235/40/19. I want to understand this and wouldn't be confused when buying rims or tires. Also, wanna be able to find some cheap rims or tires off craigs and know for sure they'll fit. any help/input would be appreciated.
235-width/40-height/19-rim size

someone correct me if im wrong but i believe the higher the number the closer to struts and the lower the more they get closer to fender/stick out. (info from Pawel062)

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
redline_me is correct.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts