Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i do to strengthen my automatic tansmission on my 96 V6 camry to withstand about 15psi? any information will be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
15psi from a turbo? You have a turbo Gen 3 V6?!?!

Your tranny is strong but I dunno it will handle that much. How many miles on your tranny ?

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
the transmission is already withstanding 14.7 psi whereas that is the atmospheric pressure at sealevel(the air going into the engine is 14.7psi, fyi).

are you talking about withstanding boost of 15 psi? becuase then it would need to withstand 29.7psi.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i do not have a turbo. I plan to put one in and tune it to 15psi. And what are level 10 upgrades.

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
Make sure to upgrade the internals as well bro. Having a built tranny with a weak motor is like having a hot chick without a pussy. I'd go with JE slugs and Crower rods. You might as well do some head work being you'll have it off anyway. And you'll have to make a custom turbo header, etc. Lots of work man, just supercharge that bitch and then put on a smaller pulley for more boost. You should be pushing like 8-10 psi which is about the max your motor can take without internals.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What all do i need to make my transmission withstand 15psi of boost. and the reason i would rather have a turbo is that i want to be one of the few camry people who have a turbocharged camry. And what other internals would be good to have besides pistons because i plan on running about 400-600 hp. thanks

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
You're going to have it turbo'd very soon, yet you're still asking what you should get other than pistons? I don't know if it's just me, but you're asking way too many questions to be doing a custom turbo setup pushing 400+ HP

As Eye8 said... I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey man i was just playing about the whole soon thing. Its goin to be a while. sry for any misunderstandings. And i plan on starting on saving my money now. But yes i have one last question. Can a muffler/exhaust shop make me an exhaust manifold for the turbo i plan on putting in there? thanks for the advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts