Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
:nono:

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
2009-2010 Headlights were the same... the gauge cluster did change on USA-spec S models, but you should already have the black headlights.

As for whether or not the gauge cluster would plug in and function, it might, but I'd really need to check stuff thoroughly before saying yes it would.

Jeff

·
Registered
629 Posts
cabin air filter and the air filter but y bother....their not expensive and kinda unethical....so if u believe in karma...leave it as is

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The headlights are definitely different. Mine are regular chrome and these are black chrome.

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cabin air filter and the air filter but y bother....their not expensive and kinda unethical....so if u believe in karma...leave it as is
I have an SRI and a homemade cabin air filter. I don't need either of those.

·
uh..no, it's not a hybrid
3,486 Posts

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The engine...What rims do they have? The spare tires. The tires. The speakers.
I have the same rims and better speakers. I really wasn't thinking anything that big.

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
:nono:

·
Registered
629 Posts
What's immoral about trading parts? I'm not hurting anyone except a big corporation and I wouldn't even say I'm hurting them. Do you think they give a crap whether the car has chrome or black chrome headlights? They would never notice. I'm not stealing the spare tire out of the trunk or taking all the lightbulbs. I was talking about swapping things between the two cars. Things they would never notice or care about.
yes and no...once the car is released from rental it goes to auction to be sold as a used car. U'll be hurting the next owner of the vehicle once the vehicle become released. If that person gets into a front end collision damaging one headlight, the body shop is going to order the headlight for a 2010 and not a 2009 so that person would have mix matched headlight or have to pay to get the other head light changed (hurting SOMEONE and NOT A BIG CORPORATION). For the gauges, people who do their research will noe that it should be optitron and if the car is at a private lot ull be hurting the lot owner making him change the gauges...so in the short run ull be hurting a big corp but in the long run ull be hurting people...either way its unethical

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes and no...once the car is released from rental it goes to auction to be sold as a used car. U'll be hurting the next owner of the vehicle once the vehicle become released. If that person gets into a front end collision damaging one headlight, the body shop is going to order the headlight for a 2010 and not a 2009 so that person would have mix matched headlight or have to pay to get the other head light changed (hurting SOMEONE and NOT A BIG CORPORATION). For the gauges, people who do their research will noe that it should be optitron and if the car is at a private lot ull be hurting the lot owner making him change the gauges...so in the short run ull be hurting a big corp but in the long run ull be hurting people...either way its unethical
You must not know what people do to rentals. The headlights being from the previous model year would be the least of their worries.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They gave you the car a certain way and expect it back in the exact same condition with the exact same parts. Either way, what goes around comes around, but I can guarantee if you do steal anything from the rental, it won't be of any good to you cause karma's a bitch.

·
The Corolla That Could
09 Corolla S
366 Posts
Taking something that isnt yours is what makes it immoral, whether or not it hurts anybody or any big corporation. It doesnt matter if the parts have equal value and nobdy will notice. Having the OK from the OWNER of the part you want is what matters. I suppose you havent met that bitch named Karma yet?

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really don't think karma would come into play here. I don't see swapping the headlights as immoral so I guess that's just where we differ.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Taking something that doesn't belong to you is considered as theft, regardless if you're "swapping" it or not. Since theft is an illegal activity, it is not allowed to be discussed on these forums, so this thread will now be locked. Thanks for understanding.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Next time something inappropriate and illegal like this is asked, infractions will be handed out without warning.

Taking something that doesn't belong to you is considered as theft, regardless if you're "swapping" it or not. Since theft is an illegal activity, it is not allowed to be discussed on these forums, so this thread will now be locked.
Agreed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.