Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad bought this engine at an auction and I am having trouble finding out what car it came from. Have any ideas??? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
It is a BEAMS 3SGE. Worth lots of $ in the MR2 community. Believe it came it MR2's (very few) and Altezzas. It is going to be hard as hell to put that into anything without a wiring harness and ecu... which will be almost impossible to find if you dont have them.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
i've heard of the 3sge (on celica's), but what is beams? (is it like a blower??)

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
BEAMS 3SGE is the 200hp VVTI version of the 3sge. Like I said..... that clip isn't much without the wiring and ECU.

A COMPLETE CLIP sells for $4,000+. You would be lucky to get 1/2 of that for what you have. It's very rare though.... I would throw it up on the MR2 boards for best offer and see what you get. http://mr2oc.com

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Typically one can build their own harness with Megasquirt, do they not?

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
that's one sexy engine

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,764 Posts
BEAMS = Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System

It's really nothing special, but it's a slight tweaked VVT-i engine. More power, while maintaining fuel economy.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Never seen on of those b4. Looks nice though.

·
Rockin the STi
MR2 Turbo
1,557 Posts
xpeed said:
BEAM
It's really nothing special, but it's a slight tweaked VVT-i engine. More power, while maintaining fuel economy.
it's special due to it's rarity stateside. As Russ stated, most mr2 guys that want to go the NA route will pay a hefty chunk of change for that motor(harness and all included)

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,764 Posts
I didn't meant it like that. I meant that BEAMS is nothing special compared to regular VVT-i engines here. In the stateside, it's rare indeed, but the BEAMS engines are common in Japan. :) So basically, it's a JDM engine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i guess cause its a sticker, it'll be easy to make it look right for a FWD setup. boy do i want that engine. if it were the full clip i'd work out a deal with you already.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm willing to buy that engine....Name a price or get in touch with me on AIM:

Street Side Hobo

Got wiring harness and ECU, no problem.....Been looking hard for that damn engine...Like someone said earlier, I want to go the N/A route and that's the engine I want.....I'll have your kids for that engine???

·
How hard can it be?
2006 Pontiac G6 GT
2,614 Posts
That is a sexy engine. But its like a pair of shoes without shoelaces. :sosad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts