Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone identify what car this throttle body is for I think maybe a Celica. The part number on the box was for a Previa but its not a previa throttle body. Its brand new 800 UK pounds worth.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
get clear, close-up pictures of the labels, THEN post them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get clear, close-up pictures of the labels, THEN post them.
Those parts i.e throttle position sensor and Idle speed contol with the labels are standard parts fitted to a number of different Toyotas so that wont help tried it already.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do you have it?

sniff, sniff, do I smell spam..
I got it off ebay sold as a Previa throttle body .The box it came in had the correct part number for a Previa but clearly it is not for one, being a previa owner for 13 years I know what one looks like. I am trying to find out what its off so I can pass it on with the correct info.
If you smell spam maybe you should clean your fridge.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
Yeah, I have that link in a sticky in the MR2 section. I tried it too. I have a friend who's been with a Toyota dealer for 30+ yrs. The old timer is great at finding parts, part numbers, cross referencing. I was gonna run that number by him tomorrow and see if he can come up with anything. Thats why I asked about if it was from UK.
Will the Ebayer not take it back?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sure he would but I got it for a steal so might as well keep it and try and make something on it. In the UK it would cost about £800 from a Main Toyota dealer. And I dont really need a new throttle body on my Previa just saw it and won it with the opening bid. Someone on here might really need a new one and could get it from me for a bargain price. Anyway lets see what your friend comes up with. Thanks for your help
Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The main thing on this throttle that could help with identifing it is that it only has 1 vacuum port where as a lot of Toyotas have 3 or 4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts