Toyota Nation Forum banner

What color looks best for 2020 HL in your opinion?

• Midnight Black Metallic

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Celestial Silver Metallic

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Blizzard Pearl

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Opulent Amber

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Ruby Flared Pearl

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Moondust

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • Blueprint

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Magnetic grey

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One choice only, as in real life we'll buy 1 color. I do understand we often like 2 or 3 colors, but let's see real results that people are going to prefer for real life.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Hybrid
902 Posts
Brave choice, if you are serious of course. It's definitely an interesting and unusual color.
It doesn’t seem very amber to me. I like how it looks on the Avalon. Apparently looks different on a sunny day, though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on cars.com 523 vehicles so far distributed across USA, here's number of cars by color produced so far.
1. Blizzard Pearl 167 vehicles
2. Silver/Grey 102 vehicles (this includes 2 colors Celestial Silver and Magnetic Grey)
3. Black 67 vehicles
4. Blue 59 vehicles (Blueprint I suppose)
5. Red 35 vehicles
6. Gold 19 vehicles (Opulent Amber color I guess)
7. Other colors 74 vehicles (this includes vehicles with not yet specified color)

I'm not sure where Moondust falls yet, it might be included in Blue or in Other colors.

What is surprising is that Interior color distribution is much more skewed:
1. Black 182 cars
2. Grey 144 cars
3. Beige 17 cars
4. Brown 1 car (I guess that is Caramel interior one)

Given that Caramel interior is mostly reserved for Platinum trim - we might see it increase later as more platinum becomes available. As right now it looks like majority of produced HL are following trims:

1. LE 280 cars
2. XLE 77 cars
3. Limited 55 cars
4. L 18 cars
5. Platinum 1 car

Some funny conclusions so far: most common/available 2020 HL currently in USA is Blizzard Pearl LE trim with Black interior. Platinum trim is not pumped out yet in large quantities (or is taken up by Toyota management folks lol). I'm guessing rarest car to find so far will be Platinum with Caramel interior in Opulent Amber color lol.

·
Registered
2020 Highlander Limited, Moondust / Graphite, RAV4
444 Posts
It doesn’t seem very amber to me. I like how it looks on the Avalon. Apparently looks different on a sunny day, though.

One choice only, as in real life we'll buy 1 color. I do understand we often like 2 or 3 colors, but let's see real results that people are going to prefer for real life.

And once we see the colors this is the order we will be leaning towards:

And our choice will have as. much to do with how each exterior color, looks with the interior color (in order: Tan, Grey, Black)

Moondust
Blueprint
Ruby Flared Pearl
Magnetic Grey
Opulent Amber

·
Registered
563 Posts
The Hybrid Platinum in Blueprint with caramel/dark brown/dark gray interior looked really nice in the Redline and Alex on Autos videos. I’m a sucker for contrasting exterior and interior colors. Blueprint with the tan/dark brown would also look good.

The Platinum also has silver front and rear bumper trim that also looks good with the contrast of a darker exterior color. However, I think the Blizzard Pearl contrasting with the black fender trim also looks good.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess Moondust color is 4th gen. surprise color so far. Also, not too many Moondust with Beige or Caramel interiors. I'm guessing that Toyota marketing group based their color % distribution on 3rd. gen sales. Probably that's why Blizzard Pearl with Black interior is leading trend so far. Of course it might change, but 3rd gen statistics tells something about demographics preferences imho.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ruby Flare with Caramel interior.
That's definitely a combo to lighten up mood among majority of black/white/grey/silver cars. Attracts attention too, so not sure if that's safe for all places.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to poll (granted only 18 responses so far) we can already see leaders:
1. A tie between Blizzard pearl with Moondust!
2. Celestial Silver
3. A tie between Ruby Pearl and magnetic grey

Surprising that Black is least popular choice. I guess we'll see higher discounts for Black HL lol.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I’ve seen Opulent Amber which looked black in the overcast sky the day I saw it, with a beige interior, Blueprint with black and white with a light gray interior. The Amber was quite nice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They’re landing at the dealers now, at least in the Toronto area they are.
Does Canada have some website to check out real photos and access availability in different locations like cars.com in US?
I wonder if you guys up North going to get same trim and color distribution?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts