Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Corolla
217 Posts
747 Dark Teal metallic originally. However after a couple of accidents and mixed color junk yard parts and rust it was primer for several years. Then I decided to paint it since I have an air compressor and a spray gun.

This is what happens when you let your 6 year old pick the color of your car, but I like it.

I was hesitant on the color until i opened that can and I was like, "oh yea, that is the color". This is the first time I have ever painted a car. I used a 20 gallon Craftsman air compressor and a harbor freight HVLP gun with 2 water filters and a stand alone pressure controller. It worked well at 60 psi. There are a few sketchy spots and some bugs but over all I am happy. I just wanted something that wasn't boring and I think i achieved that. with all the paint thinner, mixing cups, paint and other supplies I might be into this paint job for $75.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
There's a guy on the Ford Truck forum I'm on, whose screen name is KubotaOrange76.

Reactions: tajohns34

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Is there a color chart for these floating around somewhere? For what colors were available for each year

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
93 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8L 4-Speed Automatic - 284,000+ Miles
42 Posts
White, not sure of paint code.

sadly clear coat on hood started flaking off. Need to do something about that.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Reactions: DrZ

·
Registered
93 Toyota Corolla LE 1.8L 4-Speed Automatic - 284,000+ Miles
42 Posts
put your VIN into this is one way

and somewhere in the detail model listing it will pop up what the paint code is near the bottom
so it says mine is a JPP Corolla with 040 Super White.

nice sight BTW. But the center console it shows don’t match what’s in my car, but I did finally get a part number for the dome light cover. I’ve been looking for one for a while. Part 81421

I guess that could be my center console, bottom half. Mine has a box attached to it. Been looking for one of them also

21 - 31 of 31 Posts