Toyota Nation Forum banner

14961 - 14979 of 14979 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Evaporador Corolla

wow, what was the sign that the evaporator needed to be replaced? what year and what mileage corolla, what's your location?
First at all the AC did not have the power to cool down the cabin. The right side was cold and the left side was warm. I had tried everything, such as recharging the gas, changing the filter, and more and nothing had worked. So, I took it to an AC shop where they checked the whole system and replaced it.

They had to take all the dashboard out in order to change it, and when they did that they forgot to connect the drain hose, which after 2 weeks my car was TITANIC :grin::grin::grin: So I had to take everything out in order to dry it.
It is a 2013 Corolla S with 45500 miles. I live in Miami, FL

Attachments

·
Corolla Fan
428 Posts
First at all the AC did not have the power to cool down the cabin. The right side was cold and the left side was warm. I had tried everything, such as recharging the gas, changing the filter, and more and nothing had worked. So, I took it to an AC shop where they checked the whole system and replaced it.

They had to take all the dashboard out in order to change it, and when they did that they forgot to connect the drain hose, which after 2 weeks my car was TITANIC :grin::grin::grin: So I had to take everything out in order to dry it.
It is a 2013 Corolla S with 45500 miles. I live in Miami, FL
wow, dude my coroll has a similar A/C issue, the right side is a little cold but it can get warm after the car is not moving anymore... mine is a 2013 at 86k miles, i'm in Palm Beach, FL.. so having bad A/C sucks down here in the heat, may I ask- how much did it cost you to have the evaporator replaced?

·
Registered
8 Posts
wow, dude my corolla has a similar A/C issue, the right side is a little cold but it can get warm after the car is not moving anymore... mine is 2013 at 86k miles, i'm in Palm Beach, FL.. so having bad A/C sucks down here in the heat, may I ask- how much did it cost you to have the evaporator replaced?
I paid 0 because I had insurance that my dad bought, but the total job, with labor including, around $1000. The evaporator costs around $300 which if you are capable of doing it, you can do it yourself. I bought the dealership´s manual which tells you everything. I have done a lot of things with that. It cost only $20. :wink: Bro yeah, it sucks and right now in summer, it´s super hot!

The only problem that I´m having with the AC is the recirculation motor, it is not working as it should so I have to fix it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Currently repairing my bumper... started with crazy glue to fix cracks, sanded a bit, than filled some gaps with fiberglass... still trying to sand it to the right shape... then i'm getting ready to paint it. (i plan on keeping the bumper on the car while i paint it)

edit (pictures)
a week later im done with a first coat of paint... had to go buy another can, thought only one would cover this but the dark primer helps to put a nice heavy coat

I removed two littles circles on the front to hold a plaque (not planning to hang anything on the front)

there were some dings and chips which i sanded or filled with fiberglass. still some little imperfection and the first coats need to be color sanded before i try again with a second can.

edit 2 :

final finish pictures (2nd try with only 1 can of base plus 1 can of clear coat, should have been 2 of each but im satisfied with the looks after sanding with 600grit and polishing with a DA.

next, im trying the fusso coat wax ordered on ebay, already done the hood, the trunk and one of the dore. and will move my way to the fresh painted front bumper through the next 3-4 weeks... planing to to all the car beside the front bumper, and as soon as its august, ill do the bumper last

Attachments

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Stopped by and picked up the new headlight that the body shop ordered for my Corolla. I also took my old broken one with me so that I can bake it and swap the HID setup into the new headlight. They are hoping to have the new bumper cover dimples filled in and painted for the car to be ready next Friday. A couple of the small vertical supports needed to be straightened as they were slightly out of alignment.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Picked up my 09 Corolla S Turbo from the body shop yesterday. She is all fixed up after hitting the deer last month. Now I just have to let the new paint cure so I can have the new bumper protected with a new Clear Bra. They did a great job though and everything lines up perfectly. This will allow me to redo my left headlight and swap out my HID retrofit from the broken headlight to the new one that the body shop ordered.

·
2,629 Posts
Took it to the dealer to get the grenade in the dash removed. Should take 3 hours, but I got a rental in case it takes longer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took it to the dealer to get the grenade in the dash removed. Should take 3 hours, but I got a rental in case it takes longer.

thinking all the miles driven with possibly dangerous air bags XD mines didnt deploy in at least 2 front end collision i ran into... both were slight impacts under 20mph accelerating into cars that stopped in the middle of the street for no obvious reason no real visible damage both times.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
I was able to get my new bumper protected with Clear Bra after the damage done from hitting a deer in June. I had to wait 30 days for the paint to cure. I also had to have the FL fender done as they had to do a little repair work to that area too. I had them do the entire fender instead of the front edge of it so you don't even see the line now. I also had the RF fender completely covered too. Sure looks great now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I learned how to remove and replace the air filter in my 2013 Corolla CE today. I am an automotive goddess.

I also touched up some chips in the paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Used the Meguiars headlight restore kit on drivers side... it was replaced about 7 years ago (insurance), finally had clouded enough to need it. Came out looking great! Passenger side for comparison is a cheapy I got off ebay last year to replace the original [10 y/o] part, as OEM had gotten past the point where the cleaning kits helped.

Also did the annual touch-up pen walk-around... car continues to look and drive fantastic for its age.

·
Registered
113 Posts
IMG_4755.JPG
ended up doing rear drums. Originals pretty much were rot city (thanks ny winters) so what I thought was a broken spring or something ended up being a piece of rust flying around inside the drum, so new drums, shoes and hardware later. I’m back in business for $194

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, it wasn’t today, but over the past two weeks. After 10 years of owing this XRS and saying I should do this or that, I finally got around to modding it.

TRD Springs
TRD front strut brace
TRD rear sway
Paint calipers (black)
Injen X-Pedal pro throttle controller
MWR short shifter and brass transmission bushings
Borla exhaust
Kilmat sound deadening in trunk

Waiting for UR rear sway and rear upper bar, hopefully arrives soon.

Was debating adding a Turbo but seems there isn’t much around for the 2.4L and may not be worth the cost at this point.

Really regret not doing this years ago! What a fun car to drive again!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Used the Meguiars headlight restore kit on drivers side... it was replaced about 7 years ago (insurance), finally had clouded enough to need it. Came out looking great! Passenger side for comparison is a cheapy I got off ebay last year to replace the original [10 y/o] part, as OEM had gotten past the point where the cleaning kits helped.

View attachment 281245

View attachment 281246

Also did the annual touch-up pen walk-around... car continues to look and drive fantastic for its age.

View attachment 281247
If you can touch it up nicely and it looks good get a Clear Bra installed to keep it looking nice.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,242 Posts
Well, it wasn’t today, but over the past two weeks. After 10 years of owing this XRS and saying I should do this or that, I finally got around to modding it.

TRD Springs
TRD front strut brace
TRD rear sway
Paint calipers (black)
Injen X-Pedal pro throttle controller
MWR short shifter and brass transmission bushings
Borla exhaust
Kilmat sound deadening in trunk

Waiting for UR rear sway and rear upper bar, hopefully arrives soon.

Was debating adding a Turbo but seems there isn’t much around for the 2.4L and may not be worth the cost at this point.

Really regret not doing this years ago! What a fun car to drive again!
There are quite a few options on Turbokits website. You could always reach out to Grant and Jesse for any advice or options. They will answer any questions you have without any pressure to buy.

14961 - 14979 of 14979 Posts
About this Discussion
15K Replies
554 Participants
SuperchargedMR2
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing