Toyota Nation Forum banner

15041 - 15060 of 15081 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
try hydrophobic treatments on your glass (i use a spray for RV windows)... water just beads off and much less need for wiper, bad ones still do the job because the glass is so slick!
And how does that work with snow, ice, salt spray, etc.... I live in the salt/rust belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a bill for $1,600+ CAD to replace the catalytic converter on 2010 Corolla. Maintained car regularly at same Toyota dealership. 320,000+ km. How was your day?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,216 Posts
Got a bill for $1,600+ CAD to replace the catalytic converter on 2010 Corolla. Maintained car regularly at same Toyota dealership. 320,000+ km. How was your day?
$1600???? And you didn't look around for options? I just looked at this CAT that fits a 2010 Corolla. It's a high quality Magnaflow for $110 USD. A muffler shop should be able to weld it in for $50-$100. The only people that can't use it are those that live in CA as it's non CARB compliant. That doesn't mean it wouldn't pass the CA smog tests but that Magnaflow didn't want to pay for all the money it would cost to do it. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is but this wouldn't cost you $1600.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,216 Posts
Started working on fixing my LF headlight that was damaged when a deer jumped in front of me last summer. I've just had the OEM halogen headlamp installed until I got around to fixing this and the time is now. Damaged one in the back with the new one in front.

Always place the headlamp on wood since the metal gets hot. Set the temp for 225F for 12 minutes to soften the adhesive.

After pulling the halves apart you can see the broken trim piece. Some mounting tabs were also broken on the back part.

Here are both headlights after heating them and separating the halves.

This is the broken headlight after I removed the HID projector. I have to trim the new headlamp with my Dremel tool for the projector to fit properly.

Here is the new headlight after I trimmed the back of it with a cutting wheel and grinding wheel.

Here you can see the large retaining nut that threads around the HID projector to hold it in place. I drilled the hole below for the wires to pass through. I'll seal that up with silicone for a water tight seal.

Here is the HID projector mounted from the front. I've got the shroud to the right drying overnight. I had to glue the halo ring back it as the impact from the deer knocked it loose. I'll finish the job tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
7,374 Posts
Started working on fixing my LF headlight that was damaged when a deer jumped in front of me last summer. I've just had the OEM halogen headlamp installed until I got around to fixing this and the time is now. Damaged one in the back with the new one in front. View attachment 292828
Always place the headlamp on wood since the metal gets hot. Set the temp for 225F for 12 minutes to soften the adhesive. View attachment 292829
After pulling the halves apart you can see the broken trim piece. Some mounting tabs were also broken on the back part. View attachment 292830
Here are both headlights after heating them and separating the halves. View attachment 292831
This is the broken headlight after I removed the HID projector. I have to trim the new headlamp with my Dremel tool for the projector to fit properly. View attachment 292832
Here is the new headlight after I trimmed the back of it with a cutting wheel and grinding wheel. View attachment 292833
Here you can see the large retaining nut that threads around the HID projector to hold it in place. I drilled the hole below for the wires to pass through. I'll seal that up with silicone for a water tight seal. View attachment 292834
Here is the HID projector mounted from the front. I've got the shroud to the right drying overnight. I had to glue the halo ring back it as the impact from the deer knocked it loose. I'll finish the job tomorrow.

View attachment 292835
View attachment 292836
When you cut the opening on the backside for the projector, where specifically did you do it? In your images, I don't really see the difference. Was it too tall?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,216 Posts
When you cut the opening on the backside for the projector, where specifically did you do it? In your images, I don't really see the difference. Was it too tall?
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. I drilled out the hole from the screw that held the halogen reflector for me to pass all of the wires through from the halo and projector. Here is a pic of the area that the halogen bulb was and this is the area that you have to trim with the Dremel cutting wheel and grinder wheel. The area is too think to get the nut on the HID projector so you have to thin it down on the Corolla headlamp. The 2nd pic is after I prepped it with the Dremel. The last pic shows the projector mounted with the locking nut.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. I drilled out the hole from the screw that held the halogen reflector for me to pass all of the wires through from the halo and projector. Here is a pic of the area that the halogen bulb was and this is the area that you have to trim with the Dremel cutting wheel and grinder wheel. The area is too think to get the nut on the HID projector so you have to thin it down on the Corolla headlamp. The 2nd pic is after I prepped it with the Dremel. The last pic shows the projector mounted with the locking nut. View attachment 293089
View attachment 293092
View attachment 293093
Very nice and clean man... Can you post a pic when all is done?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sucks I didn't get a pic of before but just got this 09 corolla LE. I can't stand bubbles meaning clear ass windows. Tinting is pricey these days n wasn't able to find a shop to do it less than 180 where I live. Sooooo..... Tried out a kit. And actually worked out way more amazing than I thought it would

Sorry I know it was taken almost completely at night but I was so excited lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Might be a broad question, but does anyone have a quick cheap upgrade for noticeably more horsepower? Cheap meaning Idk $100 or less

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,216 Posts
Might be a broad question, but does anyone have a quick cheap upgrade for noticeably more horsepower? Cheap meaning Idk $100 or less
No. Not for $100. If you want to play, you have to pay. And for power it costs more than $100. My turbo install is the way to get real power but the turbo kit starts at $2895. And that's a bargain for the quality of the kit.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,216 Posts
Very nice and clean man... Can you post a pic when all is done?
Will do. I'm working on several things to get it ready for a long road trip in April. I'm driving from Washington State to Tennessee, NC and Virginia to drive the fantastic roads of the Smokey Mountains, the Tail Of The Dragon and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It should be a fun trip.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,216 Posts
I just ordered some red SS brake lines for my 2009 Corolla S Turbo from APEX brakes. :p :p:p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sucks I didn't get a pic of before but just got this 09 corolla LE. I can't stand bubbles meaning clear ass windows. Tinting is pricey these days n wasn't able to find a shop to do it less than 180 where I live. Sooooo..... Tried out a kit. And actually worked out way more amazing than I thought it would View attachment 293098

Sorry I know it was taken almost completely at night but I was so excited lol. View attachment 293099
Nice.... What kit did you use?

15041 - 15060 of 15081 Posts