15121 - 15138 of 15138 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Corolla S
5 Posts

5 dollar weekend project. Rubber tire accents installed. Holds on pretty strong so I'm pretty happy with the product. Front bumper skirt is on it's way. Maybe this weekend?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
I put together and posted a how-to video on doing a brake job. :)

·
Registered
2013 Corolla LE
52 Posts
Yokohama 740 GTX's still a good all-around tire for the '13 Corolla?

·
Registered
2013 Corolla LE
52 Posts
I've never tried them but isn't that the tire sold by Discount Tire?
Yeah, I have them on my 2013 now. Good tire but just wanted to check and see if there was anything other suggestions. I had the 520/540's (whatever model) before and got the 740's last time.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Yeah, I have them on my 2013 now. Good tire but just wanted to check and see if there was anything other suggestions. I had the 520/540's (whatever model) before and got the 740's last time.
I've had the previous 520 version too. I currently have the 540 or whatever came before the 740 on my 2006 xB. I've heard very good things about the 740. Let us know what you think after having them a while.

·
Registered
2013 Corolla LE
52 Posts
I've had the previous 520 version too. I currently have the 540 or whatever came before the 740 on my 2006 xB. I've heard very good things about the 740. Let us know what you think after having them a while.
This is my second set of 740's. Got them installed today. I love them and the car handles great in the rain. We don't get much (hardly any) ice or snow in TN so I don't worry about that aspect. I generally just stay home for that day (or hour) that it snows. ;)

Reactions: SuperchargedMR2

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
This is my second set of 740's. Got them installed today. I love them and the car handles great in the rain. We don't get much (hardly any) ice or snow in TN so I don't worry about that aspect. I generally just stay home for that day (or hour) that it snows. ;)
Good to know, thanks. :)

·
chrome won't get you home
2012 Corolla
2,505 Posts
Replaced the (probably original) wipers last Monday, went to the tire shop to get my studded tires installed on the 16" rims yesterday, sold my 15" steelies this afternoon.

Went with Bosch Icons, I had those on the Camry and I thought they were awesome wipers.

Studs

This is gonna look so much better. Funny how I thought they were Yokohama's, turns out they're Hankook's :unsure: too many O's and K's I guess

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
Replaced the (probably original) wipers last Monday, went to the tire shop to get my studded tires installed on the 16" rims yesterday, sold my 15" steelies this afternoon.

Went with Bosch Icons, I had those on the Camry and I thought they were awesome wipers.
View attachment 304325

Studs
View attachment 304326

This is gonna look so much better. Funny how I thought they were Yokohama's, turns out they're Hankook's :unsure: too many O's and K's I guess
View attachment 304327
The best wiper blades I've ever used are the Toyota OEM ones. If they wear out, just get the replacement inserts. Believe it or not, I still have the original wipers on my 2009 Corolla S and they wipe streak-free. I did replace my wife's inserts on her 2010 Prius a few months ago as they finally needed it. I've never seen an aftermarket blade outperform the OEM. I've never understood why people get rid of the perfectly fine wiper for an aftermarket blade.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,721 Posts
9th gen Eibach Springs and Borla axle back. Perfect for a daily without compromising too much.
Looks great! Now for some nice 17x8 +35mm offset wheels to
complete the look. :p

15121 - 15138 of 15138 Posts