Toyota Nation Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3109 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice! What Android unit did you settle on? Looks like the one from GTA Car Kits.
I ended up getting the Sygav brand, but it is the latest (or was, not sure anymore) android 8.0 version. Everything was plug and play, but had to fiddle on the cover for the unit because it didnt want to go in easily

·
Registered
269 Posts
Also ended up adding the light to the rear emblem. Turn on the headlights, white light on the rear emblem. Press on brakes, red light on rear emblem.

Toyota logo on doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow, never seen that before! how did you do it?
If you are talking about the logo light, I just drilled a hole for the light, then ran it to the door switch.

If you are talking about the rear emblem light, then I removed the emblem, ran the emblem light wire thru the hole and to the left brake light. There are 3 wires on the emblem light, and I had to find out which wire on the brake is the tail wire, brake wire and ground wire. I cut and splice then together. Took a while cuz I had no wiring diagram lol

·
Token Aussie
1,735 Posts
Was a few weeks ago now but had been hiding them from the missus trying to find a good time to surprise her. Picked up a full set of the 17" alloys, in Aus these only came on the facelift ('15-'18) Levin SX and ZR hatches (we have an Ascent Sport) and she's really wanted a set ever since we bought the car (we would have bought an SX if it had come in manual). Brand new, were removed on the forecourt because the previous owners bought the dealer option wheels.

Now to get some tyres for them...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Achieved 100K miles yesterday. Changed the oil and front brakes (the rear shoes are still good). Waiting on new water pump and thermostat (which still hasn't arrived), then the coolant will be changed. I don't need to have either done, but I rather do it once since I'm replacing all of the coolant. I will post a how to for all three processes since there isn't one available as soon as I get it done which will be likely next weekend.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
I filled up my 17 Corolla iM 6MT today. It was interesting as the computer readout showed 38.7 mpg when I pulled up to the pump. Usually the computer is a little optimistic but when I calculated my miles driven of 391.3 and the 10.071 gallons of fuel to fill it up it came out almost exactly the same at 38.85 mpg. Sweet!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Finally replaced coolant, water pump, and thermostat. You're probably wondering why I replaced the water pump and thermostat. Since I was replacing the coolant, I may as well change both the water pump and thermostat so I don't have to do it later on.

The guides are completed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hooked up this bad boy. Two 1 amp usb ports up front. One quick charge 3.0 port and one 3 amp port.

Wish it all was quick charge capable but it works wonderfully so far. I uber/lyft from time to time so this will help people charge on long trips and also helps me quick charge my note 8 when I need to

Attachments

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
Finally replaced coolant, water pump, and thermostat. You're probably wondering why I replaced the water pump and thermostat. Since I was replacing the coolant, I may as well change both the water pump and thermostat so I don't have to do it later on.

The guides are completed.
Why are you assuming that you would have to do it later? On my old 94 Corolla that my daughter now has it has 315k miles on it and it still has the original water pump and thermostat. The coolant has been changed several times though as has the radiator.

I've changed the coolant on my 09 Corolla S Turbo too but it still has the original water pump and thermostat with 103k miles now.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
Just found out how to easily access the brake fluid reservoir
You must not have ever installed lowering springs or a front strut brace. If you had you would have seen the pop out for checking/adding brake fluid. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why are you assuming that you would have to do it later? On my old 94 Corolla that my daughter now has it has 315k miles on it and it still has the original water pump and thermostat. The coolant has been changed several times though as has the radiator.

I've changed the coolant on my 09 Corolla S Turbo too but it still has the original water pump and thermostat with 103k miles now.
After inspecting the water pump, I did notice it wasn't turning as smoothly as it was supposed to in addition to the noise it was making. Keep in mind that I do drive 125 miles per day to and from work With an upcoming job change, I may have to travel more than I already do at least for a while. I don't know how long it took you to get to 103K miles, but I put on a little more than 55K in less than 2 years. I rather be safe than sorry and the very last thing I want is to be stuck on the side of the road.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
After inspecting the water pump, I did notice it wasn't turning as smoothly as it was supposed to in addition to the noise it was making. Keep in mind that I do drive 125 miles per day to and from work With an upcoming job change, I may have to travel more than I already do at least for a while. I don't know how long it took you to get to 103K miles, but I put on a little more than 55K in less than 2 years. I rather be safe than sorry and the very last thing I want is to be stuck on the side of the road.
If you notice a problem then change it for sure. My 2009 Corolla S Turbo is now 10 years old with 103k miles. I did just do a 3500 mile road trip in it back in June. I own 7 cars so it takes me a while to accumulate miles on each car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Changed the PCV and cleaned my throttle body.

My back is going to kill me tomorrow :(

Biggest PITA ever but it doesn't have a slight choke here and there due to a sticking PCV. Previous owner probably used cheap gas that isn't top tier

Attachments

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
Changed the PCV and cleaned my throttle body.

My back is going to kill me tomorrow :(

Biggest PITA ever but it doesn't have a slight choke here and there due to a sticking PCV. Previous owner probably used cheap gas that isn't top tier
I didn't find it that hard to do. You should have installed an oil catch can while you had access.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didn't find it that hard to do. You should have installed an oil catch can while you had access.
Well my engine is ticking like crazy so I think I should get a different one.
This isn't normal for a engine with 37k on it and I financed it so I definitely don't want one that'll crap out on me short term regardless of the factory warranty

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
Well my engine is ticking like crazy so I think I should get a different one.
This isn't normal for a engine with 37k on it and I financed it so I definitely don't want one that'll crap out on me short term regardless of the factory warranty
So hard to tell on a cell phone. Every video I've done with my engine running sounds very different in person as the phone magnifies some frequencies. I can hear your fuel injectors firing but hard to say if anything is wrong from the video. You could always have a dealer listen and check it out if you want to make sure.

3081 - 3100 of 3109 Posts