Toyota Nation Forum banner
3261 - 3280 of 3293 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
Replaced the PCV valve. What a job! I'll post a how to soon.
This shows how to get to it. When you were changing it you should have installed an Oil Catch Can. It's pretty easy to get to the PCV valve. I've changed it and installed an OCC on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo, my wife's 2010 Prius, and my 2017 Corolla iM. The PCV valves are in the same place on all 3 cars and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to access the PCV valve.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
I didn't like the way my Tanabe FSB looked after I hydrodipped my engine cover. The red anodized color didn't match the red on the engine cover. I was going to have it powder coated but I was able to get this grey DC Sports FSB for less money. I'm going to install the Tanabe FSB on my son-in-laws 2018 Corolla iM and surprise him. He has a new baby and they just bought a house so it will be a nice surprise fro him. :love::cool::love:

You can see the different red looks weird.

I used my Dremel to cut a slot in the brace so I could still use it. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was missing but I thought why not. I then painted it so it wouldn't rust.

Here is the grey DC Sports FSB installed and it looks great with my engine cover.

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
147 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. Many accidents as of late being posted. The public is racing after being locked in their homes for an extended time out.
Guilty.
I was planning to post an image of my front end… the bodyshop that replaced the fenders, headlamps, hood, and front bumper seem to have done it very quickly and sloppily - gaps where the seams are, misalignments and my driver side headlamp has shakiness even though it doesn’t feel loose at all. The front bumper, on the sides, they click into the body and then a few seconds later just disconnects itself lol… not sure wtf the bodyshop employee was smoking or drinking but it’s been over 2 years - never had a chance for them to try to correct it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This shows how to get to it. When you were changing it you should have installed an Oil Catch Can. It's pretty easy to get to the PCV valve. I've changed it and installed an OCC on my 2009 Corolla S Turbo, my wife's 2010 Prius, and my 2017 Corolla iM. The PCV valves are in the same place on all 3 cars and it only takes about 10-15 minutes to access the PCV valve.
I’m planning to do this modification in the near future.

This is what’s selling on Amazon:

Mishimoto MMBCC-CBTWO-BK Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2-Port, Black Amazon.com: Mishimoto MMBCC-CBTWO-BK Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2-Port, Black : Automotive

Is this all I need to purchase or do I need to purchase this entire kit:

Maybe your video went into details and I missed it.
Nonetheless, you provide great videos, my man! I appreciate your time doing this for us all :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Installed Borla catback, Injen x-pedal throttle controller, and Jet Performance MAF Sensor…

LOL Sport Mode: 9

Those three mods is a night and day difference.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
I’m planning to do this modification in the near future.

This is what’s selling on Amazon:

Mishimoto MMBCC-CBTWO-BK Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2-Port, Black Amazon.com: Mishimoto MMBCC-CBTWO-BK Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2-Port, Black : Automotive

Is this all I need to purchase or do I need to purchase this entire kit:
View attachment 345064
Maybe your video went into details and I missed it.
Nonetheless, you provide great videos, my man! I appreciate your time doing this for us all :)
Thanks, I appreciate the love. I just ordered the OCC and bought the hose locally. I also bought the fittings from a local auto parts store so that I could see what I really wanted. The other thing that you will need need is a 3/8" barb on both sides to connect the 3/8" hose from the OCC output to the U shaped hose that attaches to the intake.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
I installed an Ultra Racing 25mm Rear Sway Bar today. It's listed for the Lexus CT200h but as they use the same basic rear suspension I decided to order it and I'm glad I did. It fit perfectly, was very easy to install, and made a big difference in the handling.

The camera angle makes the bars look different but they aren't.

Here is a video that I made of the install.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the love. I just ordered the OCC and bought the hose locally. I also bought the fittings from a local auto parts store so that I could see what I really wanted. The other thing that you will need need is a 3/8" barb on both sides to connect the 3/8" hose from the OCC output to the U shaped hose that attaches to the intake.
The hose you speak of, you mean the OEM hose or just any 3/8” hose?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
The hose you speak of, you mean the OEM hose or just any 3/8” hose?
Regular 3/8" fuel line that will go from the PCV valve to the OCC and from the OCC to the 3/8" barb that connects to the intake.

Reactions: GDM

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
I added a TB Performance Products Traction Bar to my 2017 Corolla iM 6MT. She handles better with every chassis brace and suspension mode that I install!

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Corolla iM 6MT
22 Posts
installed Godspeed adjustable upper control arms in the rear in order to correct the excessive negative camber from their godspeed lowering springs. Also installed camber bolts in the front too as well and taking it to the shop to get the alignment fully dialed in. And also go to a car wash cus it needs one badly.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Hood Bicycle tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
2018 Toyota Corolla iM 6MT
22 Posts
Got it on the dyno! This just goes to show that you can get excellent power increases from simple bolt on mods for what the price is or less for a set of wheels and tires. I'll take a 44bhp increase anyway! 181bhp now from the stock 137bhp. Not bad indeed! :love:

Do you have a Dyno graph for these runs? And also how much more torque did it make too?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
Installed blind spot convex mirrors. A big help for the small stock side mirrors of my 17' SE.
If you adjust the side mirrors properly you don't need those silly little convex mirrors and you won't have any blindspots. It takes a week or 2 to get used to and then you will wonder how you ever drove without adjusting them this way! How To Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
Bought and have tested Bafx OBDII Reader (WiFi) with iOS app OBD Fusion.
Just received my Quantum Solenoids set.
Going to do some runs before and after installation.

View attachment 354889
I love mine. It will take the ECU about a week to learn the new parameters with the QS installed. I have them on 5 of my 6 cars. The only reason is that my 89 MR2 does't have VVT-i. 😂😂😂

Reactions: GDM
3261 - 3280 of 3293 Posts