Toyota Nation Forum banner
3281 - 3293 of 3293 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
147 Posts
I love mine. It will take the ECU about a week to learn the new parameters with the QS installed. I have them on 5 of my 6 cars. The only reason is that my 89 MR2 does't have VVT-i. 😂😂😂
Hey truly appreciate your input! Thank you for letting me know the estimated time. Most of my driving is HWY - at the entrance it starts off uphill and same when on the way back before the slope to my exit back home.

I wonder if that would hamper anything.

Disregarding legality, should I do some spirited driving over the weekend? I don’t do this on busy highways. But scenic backroads.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
I took my 2017 Corolla iM 6MT on a quick weekend trip last weekend from WA State to Los Angeles to see the Rams/Lions game at SoFi Stadium. It was 2384 miles in 84 hours. For anyone that wants to see plenty of pics I made a thread for it.
Tire Car Vehicle Cloud Wheel

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive design Asphalt

Footwear Sports uniform World Jersey Sports equipment

Reactions: rpw00mirage

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
2,451 Posts
Went from this...

to this...

Now has all the broom-brooms, although highlights just how annoying the stock rev-hang and lag is without a throttle controller.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just installed my Quantum Solenoids. After installation and reconnecting negative battery terminal, turn the key to set pedal controller to Normal mode.

Primed the solenoids by holding 2k RPMs for 10 seconds, then holding rev @ 4k RPMs for another 10 seconds.

According to Quantum I’ll have to drive about 50 miles before computer learns new parameters.

Also learned that the Stage I cams from Monkey Wrench are the only suitable cams I can get, otherwise I’ll run lean.

And can’t go turbo because the possibility of blowing CVT transmission.. which is a bummer, really thought I could throw a turbo in if I ever pleased.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
Hey truly appreciate your input! Thank you for letting me know the estimated time. Most of my driving is HWY - at the entrance it starts off uphill and same when on the way back before the slope to my exit back home.

I wonder if that would hamper anything.

Disregarding legality, should I do some spirited driving over the weekend? I don’t do this on busy highways. But scenic backroads.
Yes, you want to drive it aggressively when relearning the ECU with the QS installed. The instructions point this out. Have fun!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
Just installed my Quantum Solenoids. After installation and reconnecting negative battery terminal, turn the key to set pedal controller to Normal mode.

Primed the solenoids by holding 2k RPMs for 10 seconds, then holding rev @ 4k RPMs for another 10 seconds.

According to Quantum I’ll have to drive about 50 miles before computer learns new parameters.

Also learned that the Stage I cams from Monkey Wrench are the only suitable cams I can get, otherwise I’ll run lean.

And can’t go turbo because the possibility of blowing CVT transmission.. which is a bummer, really thought I could throw a turbo in if I ever pleased.
You can still turbocharge with the CVT but drive it to use and enjoy the extra power when needed, not using it to drag race from every light. Once the CVT is hooked up the power can be rolled into okay.

·
Registered
38 Posts

vf tuner is about to release software to fully tune the stock ecu which means we can finally take advantage of those and the stage 2 cams. with the mwr valve springs rev limiter can safely be raised to 7k (maybe a little more) where there will be huge hp gains. Also a few people have ran turbos with the cvt just fine now. it seems to hold 200whp just fine which is plent fast in a corolla

·
Registered
147 Posts
vf tuner is about to release software to fully tune the stock ecu which means we can finally take advantage of those and the stage 2 cams. with the mwr valve springs rev limiter can safely be raised to 7k (maybe a little more) where there will be huge hp gains. Also a few people have ran turbos with the cvt just fine now. it seems to hold 200whp just fine which is plent fast in a corolla
Can you share source regarding VF Tuner? I’m even looking around for “tuner chips” that plug into OBD port lol… but starting to think they don’t exist for our Rollas.

Edit: went to VF Tuner site, but looks like no support for 11 Gen Corollas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you share source regarding VF Tuner? I’m even looking around for “tuner chips” that plug into OBD port lol… but starting to think they don’t exist for our Rollas.
vf tuner themselves posted. it will be in the next version when it releases which should be soon. this is the only tuning option available for our cars because the delphi ecus are very hard to crack apparently.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
vf tuner themselves posted. it will be in the next version when it releases which should be soon. this is the only tuning option available for our cars because the delphi ecus are very hard to crack apparently.
Oh damn!!

I’m buying this immediately upon release.

You’re the man! Thank you!!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
23,200 Posts
Is VR Tuner also Orange Virus Tuning? I Googled VR Tuner and Orange Virus came up. I thought they had given up on the Corolla several years ago.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is VR Tuner also Orange Virus Tuning? I Googled VR Tuner and Orange Virus came up. I thought they had given up on the Corolla several years ago.
vf tuner is the same company yes. at the time they were almost 100% focused on tacoma tunes. but this is a completely different tuning software than what was used before. they recently posted that the 1.5v software with 2zr support will be released in December. good chance i will be ordering the software and using a 91oct na tune. next year look into getting the turbokit.

3281 - 3293 of 3293 Posts