Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 3109 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here's a better picture with no flash.
Any tips? I'm looking into using VHT on mine since the fins on the side make it awkward for vinyl. I want to do it just like yours with the reverse lights and turn signal lights intact. All in all a terrific job and exactly what I was looking to do.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just some things to start off, I got a lot of accessories from Toyota like mud flaps, body side moulding, door edge guards, all weather floor mats, cargo net and door sills which I installed myself. And then I got the windows tinted, 20% all around and I put the VVT-i decal on the side. Planning to tint the tail lights and wrap the roof soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any tips? I'm looking into using VHT on mine since the fins on the side make it awkward for vinyl. I want to do it just like yours with the reverse lights and turn signal lights intact. All in all a terrific job and exactly what I was looking to do.
Automotive masking tape and an exacto knife, the yellow tape allows you to see through better to cut the lines. Just go softly. After applying the VHT allow ten to fifteen minutes to pass then remove the tape.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Automotive masking tape and an exacto knife, the yellow tape allows you to see through better to cut the lines. Just go softly. After applying the VHT allow ten to fifteen minutes to pass then remove the tape.
Is there anything prep work that needs to be done to the tailight first? Or can you just clean it, mask the car off and then spray the VHT?

I was thinking of doing mine in red.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Clean and dry with dish soap, rinse thoroughly with water. Paper towel dry. Just remove the assembly 12 nuts 6 electric push clips then pull assembly toward rear of vehicle.

61 - 80 of 3109 Posts