Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
UNDER8ED
29 Posts
I got the black XSE hatchback with the spoiler add on, saddle tan leather.. Most recent add on’s were the K&N air filter and OEM rain deflectors which look really good on this Hatchback. Trying to decide which 2.5” cat-back exhaust to go with and still researching a coil over kit to drop it about 2.5in. Desperately need an ECU tune, planning to boost this and build the motor to handle high boost, but thus far no one has pistons for this new engine yet, and custom pistons are severely overpriced smh. Fingers crossed for aftermarket manufacturers to give us something solid for this engine. That aside, I also need to get some shoes and a carbon fibre front+rear lip with side skirts. Aftermarket stereo soon as well, have to prioritize what to do when.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cleaned the hatch today~ It's my first time using the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Nearly screwed it up by applying too much, but I was able to save it lol. Next time, I'm definitely bring more clean towels.
I meant to get some of that stuff, I bought some Meguiars Quik Wax. I plan on applying it every other wash.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I meant to get some of that stuff, I bought some Meguiars Quik Wax. I plan on applying it every other wash.

The brand seems to have a pretty good line of products. I learned it the hard way and forgot that a little product goes a long way lol. The nice thing about the hybrid wax is that though the first coat is sprayed on after washing the car and drying it right after, it can be applied after each car wash and rinsed off. Other brands like Turtle Wax requires you to wipe off the wax each time during the drying stage. Though you can use the wipe off the hybrid wax during the drying stage every single time like the Turtle Wax brand. If only I had my own place to wash the car, I can dabble with ceramic coatings. Still trying to get the hang of using a coin operated car wash. I always end up feeling rushed, as if someone is going to get pissed if I take too long at a stall.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The brand seems to have a pretty good line of products. I learned it the hard way and forgot that a little product goes a long way lol. The nice thing about the hybrid wax is that though the first coat is sprayed on after washing the car and drying it right after, it can be applied after each car wash and rinsed off. Other brands like Turtle Wax requires you to wipe off the wax each time during the drying stage. Though you can use the wipe off the hybrid wax during the drying stage every single time like the Turtle Wax brand. If only I had my own place to wash the car, I can dabble with ceramic coatings. Still trying to get the hang of using a coin operated car wash. I always end up feeling rushed, as if someone is going to get pissed if I take too long at a stall.

I gave up on the off the shelf retail stuff, ended up getting the commercial ones from autogeek. They seem to be easier to maintain and much cheaper in cost when you can find someone to share. Don't get Chemical Guys, they are getting worst over the year, McKee and Poorboys are quite decent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I gave up on the off the shelf retail stuff, ended up getting the commercial ones from autogeek. They seem to be easier to maintain and much cheaper in cost when you can find someone to share. Don't get Chemical Guys, they are getting worst over the year, McKee and Poorboys are quite decent.

Duly noted. I was tempted to get some Chemical Guys products, but they're pricey. What about Adam's Polishes/Griots?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where did you get them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazon...

This fit front center dome, vanity lights, rear cargo light. I placed this already and confirm they work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G312DR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Center dome light.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AHVND32/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just installed the Center Dome light.

Center Dome light is a bright white

Front Center, Vanity and Rear Cargo lights is a cool bluish LED.

Some of you LED nerds care about this. I honestly not sure I care at the moment, most likely keep as it is.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Amazon...

This fit front center dome, vanity lights, rear cargo light. I placed this already and confirm they work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G312DR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Center dome light.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AHVND32/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just installed the Center Dome light.

Center Dome light is a bright white

Front Center, Vanity and Rear Cargo lights is a cool bluish LED.

Some of you LED nerds care about this. I honestly not sure I care at the moment, most likely keep as it is.

did you find it brighter or about the same in terms of light output?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
About this Discussion
73 Replies
30 Participants
TuckerE36
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing