Toyota Nation Forum banner

361 - 380 of 413 Posts

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
691 Posts

Nice surprise this morning. Whole body’s covered in surface rust. Anyone else have this issue? I wash my car regularly but I’m guessing it had something to do with road salt. I know there were issues in the US with super white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you have picked up some metal flakes from something with the car wet. I really hope you don't have surface rust already from paint work.

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
691 Posts
So after 24 hours, the tire shop FINALLY put my tires on. Asked if it could be done by 4pm yesterday (dropping them off at 12pm), they said sure. At 11am the next day, they were finally done. Yeah, talked about being ticked off.

Anyhow, here's the specs:

Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45
Falken Azenis RT615K+ 245/45

I am going to add a 5mm rear spacer and probably a 2mm front spacer. Things I also need to get done is lowering the front just a hair more, flipping the top hats of the strut mounts to the negative camber setting, and then getting it aligned. Spring is getting close but still lots of time to accomplish this.

Attachments

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,101 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts

Nice surprise this morning. Whole body’s covered in surface rust. Anyone else have this issue? I wash my car regularly but I’m guessing it had something to do with road salt. I know there were issues in the US with super white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that your sheet metal or embedded steel/iron debris that rusted?

·
Registered
2019 Corolla Hatchback SE
52 Posts
I've mastered the art of the screw driver. However I'll admit, that tool makes life a lot easier. lol
I remember using long needle nose pliers back in the day. That tool definately helps cut down on the sailor mouth.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered this blackout overlay for the logo. A little overpriced (IMO) at $95 but it makes a huge difference and I like it a lot.

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
691 Posts
yea, all braces and support minus center brace because of resonator
Been thinking about grabbing some of them, but then again, I'm not sure if they really are worth it. I've not notice much body flex, but that may change now that the suspension is much stiffer.

·
Registered
'20 Corolla SE 6MT Sedan
165 Posts
View attachment 282658

When I get some free time in the next week or two, I am going to switch out the customized "Dragon Red" vinyl mod on my front grill/bumper (shown in above pic link) to something a bit more low-key/conservative & blending - either light gray or a closely-matched white. I will post some pics when job is completed. (y)
I switched out the 'SE red' for a light-med gray instead today on the custom vinyl mod that serves to break up the overextended dark-gray/black front grill/housing chasm on the SE/XSE sedan. I was looking for something a bit more low-key, conservative & blending. I don't have any pics taken yet of the new gray color choice, but will try to get some up this weekend. I like it better personally, even if it isn't as dramatic/bold up front any more as the previous red (shown below). More my speed. (y)

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Been thinking about grabbing some of them, but then again, I'm not sure if they really are worth it. I've not notice much body flex, but that may change now that the suspension is much stiffer.
yea i don't think you will notice with your current mods, but it definitely made a difference on OEM set up. This upgraded rear sway bar is well worth it. I had the opportunity to install both but opted to try the rear bar with the lighter and wider wheels. I don't think I'm going to upgrade the front. Like the technician said there is no right answer to sway bars, it's entirely dependent on what you want for the end goal and the driver's particular driving style. If i upgraded both i wouldn't know the difference. so went with rear.

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
691 Posts
Did you happen to notice any ratings on the swaybars? I'd really like to know the front rates stock vs Cusco. With my Progress rear bar set to 440lbs, it knocked out a lot of the body roll. However the shocks/struts just are still too soft in OEM form. Now with the stiffer 6kg spring rates and the front struts at about half way, rears at 10 clicks from full firm, my seats are now the weak point. Hopefully I don't need to go and source GT86 seats or something like that, but I'm now considering it.

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Sedan
82 Posts
Did you happen to notice any ratings on the swaybars? I'd really like to know the front rates stock vs Cusco. With my Progress rear bar set to 440lbs, it knocked out a lot of the body roll. However the shocks/struts just are still too soft in OEM form. Now with the stiffer 6kg spring rates and the front struts at about half way, rears at 10 clicks from full firm, my seats are now the weak point. Hopefully I don't need to go and source GT86 seats or something like that, but I'm now considering it.
i forgot to ask, sorrie it's just the % rating

361 - 380 of 413 Posts